Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean years

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Being honest, there is one part of that era I miss. I always used to enjoy the Friday night December matches, and in a way it would be nice to still those. Although admittedly we see shocking at the Amex in the evenings.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The women doing their keep fit classes in the building in the northern corner. Who closed the curtains?

They did boxercise the first few years, I recall. If a Tues night game got a bit dull and if you squinted enough, from D block you could just make out their lady shapes. Mind you, it could have been a load of shaved geezers with girly wigs on jumping around for all I knew....sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Have any of our players played there, but for the opposition? Ward or Andrews for example?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Who remembers the first match where Dick Knight gave us all a glass of bubbly on the way in. At least I think it ws the first match or could have been when Falmer was finally confirmed. Either way it tasted awful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who remembers the first match where Dick Knight gave us all a glass of bubbly on the way in. At least I think it ws the first match or could have been when Falmer was finally confirmed. Either way it tasted awful.

It was when we got the first Yes for Falmer before LDC appealed. We were playing against Ipswich in 2004/5 season.

If anyone looks at the Training picture gallery today, it is from Withdean.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It was when we got the first Yes for Falmer before LDC appealed. We were playing against Ipswich in 2004/5 season.

If anyone looks at the Training picture gallery today, it is from Withdean.

Thanks. I did think it was later than 1999 but was not sure exactly when.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Don't forget these GOONS... :lol:

6fj6.jpg

wait i am in that photo

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Aaaahh, Withdean, illegal parking just 5 minutes from the ground, the inability to buy a pint if you arrived too late and The Sportsman was full, chips, continual downpours and the away fans watching from what seemed like Shoreham!

Hove actually

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here