Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Withdean Proposal

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Letter in today’s Times.
I remember this from a few years back at Withdean.
Not sure about the 20,000 though!
IMG_5697.jpeg
IMG_5697.jpeg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Last edited:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
So, how did it all work out? Still together? Never married? Kids in the youth team?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Didn't Malcolm Stuart propose to his girlfriend via a written message on the big screen at Old trafford during the early 1990's? Pretty sure she said no.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The very same guy who did the Withdean on-pitch proposing was on NSC a few weeks back.

One of the original clique - Gezza, now known on here as @The original gezza

His Dad had the NSC name of Aspinall's Arse. They both used to sit in South Stand Block C at Withdean.

A few of us on here went to the wedding. :)

#oldschoolNSC

Last edited:

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Well I wrote the letter, and, yes it was overegging the pudding to say 25,000, maybe 20,000 were in attendance minus those not in the stands at HT. I have a feeling it was an evening game but for the life of me I can't remember who it was against. Definitely Amex, Championship. Very funny moment.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Well I wrote the letter, and, yes it was overegging the pudding to say 25,000, maybe 20,000 were in attendance minus those not in the stands at HT. I have a feeling it was an evening game but for the life of me I can't remember who it was against. Definitely Amex, Championship. Very funny moment.
I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't someone do it vs. Millwall at home under Hyypia? That is proper mental.
Yes. What a game to choose. That game was literally the lowest point of Amex-era football. Hyypia resigned about 9-10 days later and, let's be honest, it's been an upward trajectory ever since!

Reactions: A1X

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Clearly not Withdean then.
In that case I withdraw my earlier comment about 20,000.

Jul 29, 2017
The very same guy who did the Withdean on-pitch proposing was on NSC a few weeks back.

One of the original clique - Gezza, now known on here as @The original gezza

His Dad had the NSC name of Aspinall's Arse. They both used to sit in South Stand Block C at Withdean.

A few of us on here went to the wedding. :)

#oldschoolNSC
Hey thats me
Still married to Mrs Gezza and now have a 20 year old daughter and 16 year old son

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hey thats me
Still married to Mrs Gezza and now have a 20 year old daughter and 16 year old son
Can you remember who were the Albion playing that day?
And how did you go about getting the ok from the club? A bit of background for all those that weren't on NSC way back when! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here