Withdean 2003/04 ealrly leavers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dan - I also have to get the train back to London after midweek games. The last one doesn't go until after 10.30pm - I've usually even got time for a pint, if I want one.

Doesn't it bother you that so many goals are scored in the last minute or so? I'd rather miss the train home and have to crash at my folks' house than miss a last minute winner.

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
Braders100:

Like I said, I had to give it up. So you won't see me. But if you see the three twats that sat next to us that arrived 10 minutes late, left 10 mins before half time, arrived back with mountains of hamburgers ten minutes into the second half then left 10 mins before the end (deep breath) then give them a bloody great slap from me.

One was fat, one was bald and the other one kept changing.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
I cant help feeling that some of you are missing the point. Leaving your seat early is not the same as leaving the game early. There are a (fairly large) number of fans who watch the last few minutes from the running track. The reason is straightforward enough..it takes so long to get out otherwise. Personally, I always leave my seat early beacuse I need to be sure of making a train connection. I have commitments at home and I aint about to apologise for that. If I could bring my car it wouldnt be a problem.However, I am considerate enough to ensure that I leave at the same time as the bloke who sits next to me and when everyone else is standing up..the inconvenience of this to others is negligible.

Another thought ............if so many of us didnt leave our seats early it would take the rest of you even longer to get out!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I also leave my seat early (but never the game) at evening games as I have to get a train back to London.

Herne Hill. I don't have the option of crashing at parents' house and I have two other trains and a bus to catch after getting on Preston Park. If I wait until the 10.30 train, I don't get home until about 12.45 (I did it once) and I have to get up at 6.30 in the morning.

I think that people who moan about people leaving their seats early forget that not everyone lives in Brighton.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Dan - I also have to get the train back to London after midweek games. The last one doesn't go until after 10.30pm - I've usually even got time for a pint, if I want one.

Doesn't it bother you that so many goals are scored in the last minute or so? I'd rather miss the train home and have to crash at my folks' house than miss a last minute winner.

I dont think you read my post, I always watch the end of the game at Pitch side so I dont miss anything, and I dont care if there is a 10:30 train, I have to work in the Morning and I still have to travel 30 mins to get home once the train reaches Victoria meaning I finally get in around 1am, If I leave my seat and watch the end of the game from the running track I get home about 11:30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports