Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean 2003/04 ealrly leavers

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Will the majority have to put up with the same selfish tossers leaving the ground, sorry not leaving the ground just their seats and blocking the view etc just so they can get a bus 5 mins earlier or will everyone manage to stay and support the team rather than letting the players and away fans seeing them sneaking out?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i can't understand with albion scoring so many late goals that people leave early - do they leave dinner before dessert , or leave the cinema before the end NO !

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think everyone should do that anyway at the end of the day its a public road i pay my road tax so i'll park where i bloody well like :lolol:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There's a bloke sits directly behind me, who admittedly must be at least 120 years old, who leaves with about 10 mins to go regardless of what's going on.

He once stood up to go with Bob standing over a penalty we'd just been awarded! ???

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I think people who leave early are sad selfish wankers.

I always say to them; "Hurry, hurry must get back for Blind Date......"

I do get some interesting looks, but most look sheepishly embarrassed............:blush: :blush:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i know who to look out for now eddie:lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm one of the poor sods who sits on the end of a row, so I have to get up every time someone goes past. Seriously annoying, and it deprives me of seeing parts of game I've paid good money to attend.

:glare:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is there anyone on NSC who leaves early?
Please explain to me why you will sit for the best part of 2 hours, in the pouring rain, but would rather miss the climax of the event rather than spend 10 mins extra at the bus stop, as I just don't get it.

- it's not a recent phenomenon either, just because of the park-and-ride, it's always happened, and I've never understood.

Does anyone know of an early leaver missing Wilkins goal vs Ipswich? Just the thought of missing that moment makes me go cold.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I have never ever left a game early unless it was something that was for the better of the club, ie the walk out.
I was brought up by my dad never to and i doubt i ever will.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
no - spend all that money - i don't go until i'm thrown out!:lolol:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
The end of that Burnley game when Steve Sidwell scored twice in the last 2 minutes there must have been only a quarter full H Block there to go mad and sing and dance in the rain! Their loss. The amount of people who get up and leave with 5 minutes until half time you'd think they were selling half price burgers.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have to admit that on one or two occasions I have got up form my seat early at games, normally a smy bladder simply couldn't hold anymore and I had to run for a piss, but that serves me right for the amount of beer I drink in th esportsman before each game.

In recent times the only game I've left early was brentford away when we were 4-0 down and I had to be at work early next day I figured f*** it i'm out of here.

Would have left the palace game early but alas we weren't allowed.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I'm ashamed to say that I left early once. Northampton away in 1996/97.

We were absolutely dire that day - I deeply regret leaving though.

:down:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
There are loads of examples of what you miss if you duck out early.

Wilkins v Ipswich

Coming from behind to beat Pompey 2-1 in the last five mins at the Goldstone.

Sidwell doing his thing.

Steeley scoring the goal that all but promoted us against Bristol City.

Anyone leave the games where we collected the Championship trophies early? Thought not. So, if they don't mind the bus queue/missing the first ten minutes of Blind Date/giving up whatever the f*** it is that's so pressing, when there's a trophy to collect, why do they mind it for any other games? :angry:

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
Well, I'll admit it, I have left my seat early a few times in the past.
Being right at the back in the end of the "Singing section" when I could still afford my season ticket, if I wasn't at least half way down the running track by the final whistle, I wouldn't get home until after 9pm, without even having had time to stop for a drink.
More often then not I'd arrive home with the beginnings of a hangover, a chill and feeling thoroughly depressed, even though we had usually won about 3-0!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I occasionaly leave early and watch until the final whistle by the pitch. I sit right at the end of a row so dont upset anybody and would probably stay if I was in the middle cos it wouldnt be worth the grief.

By leaving my seat early I get out of the ground a good 5-10 mins earlier than if I stay and that can be the difference between catching the last train back to London or not!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here