Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With two-thirds of the season gone...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
clearly hard to see beyond those three

Defensive midfielder; defender; keeper...................how I wish there was a striker we coyld realistically nominate. If there was we would have been challenging the top two.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If he continues his current form, I would say that Orlandi will be in with a shout of the top 3 come the end of the season. I think he has got better and better as the season has progressed and fits in to our system well.

Jimmy Grimble

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Bridcutt, Orlandi and Koosh

Honourable mentions for Spanish Dave, Bridge and the ever-underrated Hammond.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm going to rock the boat a bit and go for: Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Bridge :lolol:

A top 5 might produce more varied responses! Perhaps:

Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Bridge, Vicente, Ulloa. The last two have only made a small number of appearances but they radically change the way we can play and I love them for it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bridcutt
Kuszczak
Orlandi

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
Hard to see past those three although Koosh would be my number 1 as it's been a good while since we had such a class act between the sticks who I have total confidence in and the difference he brings over Brez/Ankergren is massive.

Never thought i'd say it but El-Abd is pressing for a top 3 spot (credit where it's due) and Lopez/Orlandi are quickly becoming key members of the starting 11 so expect them to be close to it come the end of the season.

Still buzzing from Tuesday, cracking thread!

Dec 29, 2011
Can't decide who's been more effective out of PIG and Bridge. Due to sheer amount of points saved I'll have to go PIG second.

1. Bridcutt
2. PIG
3. Bridge

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I would be inclined to agree with the three that a lot of people have gone with too. But the Spanish contingent, I think, will make a difference for the remainder of the season: Orlandi with his goals and overall skill, Spanish Dave (what DOES he do?) and Vicente (hoping he stays fit) all have the ability to turn a game on its head.

Gotta feel a bit for GG - last season's runner-up for player of the season, and now doesn't get a (serious) mention. Still, in true Barnes-basher style: "seven points from nine without him". ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here