Wireless and sweat proof headphones help

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm on a health kick and run at the gym every morning before work.

My IPhone headphones sound ok but the wire is annoying and when I'm sweating (which I do lot of when running) they can sound muffled and stop working altogether until they are spun a few times to dry them out!

Any advice on good wireless headphones about £100-£150 would be appreciated, Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 18477

iPhone headphones? Do they even stay in your ear when your running? You wanna push that speed up a bit!

I used these for about 4 years before the rubber bits on the ear piece came off. So I just got another pair as they're cheap. I tuck the wire down my t-shirt. The sweat thing didn't bother me as they were purely my gym headphones.

Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I also used an iPod shuffle armband for my shuffle which was good for running when there wasn't anywhere to put your iPod infront of you. Also meant you didn't have to run on the front of the treadmill all the time and could have a bigger stride more in the middle if that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks for that, I listen to the music on my iPhone which is a bit too big to strap to my arm which is why the wireless would be ideal. I must have been luck with my current headphones as they never fall out but it is annoying when the sound goes halfway through the run.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
i wouldn't use your iphone headphones as the mic bit breaks if it gets wet.

i have had this dilemma for years - i find that cheap in ear headphones work best, phillips are a decent cheap brand that hold up quite well. i got my last pair about a year ago from Currys for about £20

I would also recommend not using your iphone as your ipod - water damage can still happen using those arm bands. I would recommend buying a used ipod or get the new nano one it is great.

Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports