Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winter Ski Holidays - Tips

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Livigno (Italy) is very good for beginners-intermediate and is great for the lash due to some bizarre history of the place (and probably some corruption) meaning that stuff is all duty free.

Went for mates stag do and it is duty free but check transfer times. I believe the reason it's tax free is because it's in the middle of nowhere and the inspectors couldn't be arsed, I think our transfer was 4-5 hours.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I actually think it's better to book yourself. Prices are often comparable when booking for a group and you have control over flight times and my biggest gripe with package trips which is the transfer. I'd much rather have a private transfer waiting for me and which takes me direct to the hotel as opposed to a coach which sometimes waits for other flights and always does numerous drop offs before it reaches your accommodation. And the return transfer is always obscenely early.

Ahh let me see, skiing, the winter sport of choice for the middle class white elite…

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
I'd recommend La Rosiere - it has great skiing, lots of nice chalets, isn't as big as lots of French resorts and if you are an above beginner skier you can ski over to La Thuile in Italy.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
If you fancy Andorra, I'd recommend talking to Craig, who owns theinternettraveller.com (tel 0800 011 1001). He's got some decent deals.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Went for mates stag do and it is duty free but check transfer times. I believe the reason it's tax free is because it's in the middle of nowhere and the inspectors couldn't be arsed, I think our transfer was 4-5 hours.

2.5 hours from Milan, 4 from Venice.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ahh let me see, skiing, the winter sport of choice for the middle class white elite…

If some of the people I've seen on the slopes are middle class then I'm Queen Victoria.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

People that enjoy the snow and skiing/boarding are usually limited to visiting during the winter.
What's your problem with that and how is the above limited to the 'Middle Class White Elite'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here