Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winger, Nicolas Maurice-Belay, from Bordeaux

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
David Smith has asked me to not spread the details of his message to me about NMB yet as "none of it is supposed to be in the public domain" which makes me much more inclined to believe him; if it was a Palace troll he'd be desperate for it to go far and wide. Unless it's a double bluff.

He sounds legit.

So, now that we know he's a WUM: what did his DM's say that persuaded you he wasn't a troll?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We shall raise a toast to 'David' at the next mods night out.

Only the finest cognac, naturally, after today's traffic boost.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We shall raise a toast to 'David' at the next mods night out.

Only the finest cognac, naturally, after today's traffic boost.

Ah, was it Bozza or another mod behind this little scam? You wag,

I can't believe that there have been 15 pages for something that was so obviously a wind-up

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That is quite funny by whoever did it! The fact everyone fell for it shows how desperate we all are for the club to sign some creative players!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is quite funny by whoever did it! The fact everyone fell for it shows how desperate we all are for the club to sign some creative players!

And explains why the Iranian non-signing got to a bazillion(ish) pages.

Oh and I didn't fall for it either...

...only because I was out, and knew nothing about it!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
So, now that we know he's a WUM: what did his DM's say that persuaded you he wasn't a troll?

He said they met ages ago on a side project of NMB's (which I assumed to be charity or investment related) and that they'd become good friends as a result. NMB had spoken to him on the phone to ask his advice about what life is like in Brighton, Hull and Wolverhampton as he wanted to move to England to test himself and they were the options, and that he had told him that Brighton was one of the best places to live.

The signs were there, I guess. I did Google his picture but could only find the twitter one, not that original. I knew it was a bit suspect when I couldn't find his company that he supposedly founded but, frankly, I just wanted to believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here