Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wine advice.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I don't drink and have been asked to pick up a particular bottle of wine for friends I'm staying with next week. It's Denbies Surrey gold. I'm in Brighton tomorrow, does anyone know if there is anywhere in Brighton I can buy it?
Thanks

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not sure about Brighton but you'll almost certainly find it at the English Wine Centre in Alfriston, but maybe call ahead first before heading so far out.

There's a chance you'll find it at Middle Farm, Firle, or the Harveys shop in Lewes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't drink and have been asked to pick up a particular bottle of wine for friends I'm staying with next week. It's Denbies Surrey gold. I'm in Brighton tomorrow, does anyone know if there is anywhere in Brighton I can buy it?
Thanks

If you're in Horsham, it might be easier to go up to Denbies in Dorking and pick it up there.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks

Always thought you were Unwins!! Clearly not!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Waitress in Burgess Hill were selling Denbys wine on shelf at Christmas

Just returned from Waitrose in Lewes. Whilst Denbies Surrey Gold NV is listed in their Wine, Beer and Spirits List (@ £8.79 a bottle), there was none on the shelves. The only English white wine I could see signs of (apart from a few sparkling wines) was a choice of a couple of Bolney wines - and even those appear to have sold out.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Or Black Tower,a bottle of Asti Spumante is an acceptable substitute,do not buy Lambrini light it is piss and even if it is in a wine size bottle beware anything that is labeled "perry" it is pear cider!!!!!!
Seriously any £5 red will be an acceptable substitute for an overpriced English bottle,

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
You could try Middle Farm up near Lewes,they sell loads of Sussex and English wines etc. There is a dedicated shop for it behind the main farm shop.There are also some fantastic local beers and ciders.Nice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here