Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wimbledon 2023

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
As Broady has put out the 4th seed, one might think the 26th seed in Shapovalov is beatable with a home crowd support.

Should he win that, he'd be playing a non-seed for a place in the Quarter-Finals as both seeds in Coric and Bautista Agut went out in R1.

A big opportunity here.
Broady played exceptionally well, but Ruud said afterwards that he thought LB was a better player than him on grass, so he'd accepted at least the fair possibility of defeat before he set foot on the court. He'll never get much further than R2 with that attitude, no matter what he's seeded, because he knows he doesn't like grass and everyone who plays him knows it too. Shapovalov, unfortunately, is a very different proposition and it's a big opportunity for him as well. Currently 11-2 for the quarter with one bookie, which seems like a fair bet to me if you engage in that kind of activity ...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Currently 11-2 for the quarter with one bookie, which seems like a fair bet to me if you engage in that kind of activity ...
That seems very good value with either Pella (ranked 333) or Safiullin (ranked 99) in R4.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Bollocks - the players are constantly complaining of late night finishes in other slams. Not surprising, we're not designed to be at our best at 2am or whatever? And centre court would have been half empty after midnight as there is no public transport to get home.

And anyway, Murray hurt himself before serving one more point for the set. He'll be more delighted of the break than Tsitsipas.
More delighted? You don't half chat some shit, bro. 🤣

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Eubanks knocks out Norrie" was right there.
His brother once knocked out a building inspector who condemned the plot because of a lack of ……… well everything

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Chris Eubanks has just smashed Cameron Norrie.
As a neutral I'm happy for Eubanks, I remember his emotional reaction at getting into the top 100 for the first time in his life earlier this year; he seems like a great guy, and he's a decent commentator for Tennis Channel as well

Edit: I also missed the reference because I don't follow boxing :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As a neutral I'm happy for Eubanks, I remember his emotional reaction at getting into the top 100 for the first time in his life earlier this year; he seems like a great guy, and he's a decent commentator for Tennis Channel as well
I reckon my comment was totally mis-underpronown under pronounced in a lovely way. Are you the tattooed girl who worked in the craft beer bar in Trastevere ?
If so then I don’t know you

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
FFS Murray!

:dunce:

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
I reckon my comment was totally mis-underpronown under pronounced in a lovely way. Are you the tattooed girl who worked in the craft beer bar in Trastevere ?
If so then I don’t know you
I live a fair bit farther North and my chronic insecurity/indecisiveness keeps me from permanently decorating my skin, but I'll be sure to track down the girl next time I go to Rome and ask her all about you

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Sad for Murray but he fought well, for some petty irrational reason I can't stand Tsitsipas so I'm glad he had to sweat 5 sets to win this. Only Berrettini and Sinner left in the tournament from the Italian contingent, Berrettini won't go far but I hope he can get the better of Zverev next round at least.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I live a fair bit farther North and my chronic insecurity/indecisiveness keeps me from permanently decorating my skin, but I'll be sure to track down the girl next time I go to Rome and ask her all about you
My mother was from Corciani in Umbria …. Can I buy you a drink ?

Sepulveda

Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
My mother was from Corciani in Umbria …. Can I buy you a drink ?
Never been to Umbria actually, I live in the foggy and flat part of Lombardy, but I'll take you up on that if I ever find myself in Brighton

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
f***ing hell. No fucker at the tennis at all. Just rows and rows of empty seats. No wonder the game in this country is dying on its arse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last British representative about to go out with a whimper. She is the last one isn’t she?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here