Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilson

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glandular Fever. Still recovering, feel for the lad, but at the same time massive respect for even getting out on the pitch.

Really ? I had glandular fever a few years back and I couldn't even get out of the house for about a month let alone get on a football pitch. Not sure Utd would have been happy with him anywhere near the squad if it was that

Bermondseygull

Jul 6, 2014
Down by the river
He wouldn't be playing if it had been glandular fever - when you have that your spleen is at risk of rupture if you take a nasty knock, so the medics would enforce no contact sports (incl football) for something like 8 weeks, no way he would have been match fit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent header as he had to stretch for it. Also loved the celebration.

Agreed - I assumed in real time it was absolutely on a plate - but it wasn't. He had to twist and stretch and still put it across the keeper - good finish :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Glandular Fever is horrible - Mrs Bobkin had it years ago, and was wiped out for weeks. It kept coming back over a two/three year period for weeks at a time, until she had her tonsils out, and then she never had it again.

Rough if that IS what he's got...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey people, has anyone ever had a glandular virus? It knocks you for six and takes weeks to recover from, and, as such, he's possibly not training at 100% either otherwise that would make him vulnerable to a relapse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here