Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilson...recall?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would he know so much about details of Man U's injuries, transfer targets, and wishes of LVG? LVG will be under fan pressure to recall Wilson to slot onto their bench.

The same WA who said the other night winning all your home games and drawing all the aways won't get you promoted... And then went on to say you need an average of 2 points a game to go up :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would think that they are more likly to recall him than Wilson or what is most likely they have a top name like Lewandowski lined up to sign.

He isn't on loan - he signed for them in the Summer.

LVG won't recall Wilson, he won't want to be seen as admitting he got something wrong.

The only danger of him not being at Brighton till the summer is if he scores a load before now and Jan and someone like Villa make a loan offer

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would think that WA knows more of whats going on than anybody who posts on here.

I really shouldn't have read that with a mouth full of gin and tonic. You crack me up :lolol:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
No news in those whatsoever, not convinced there was in the Sky story either. Just picking up on the fact there's a recall clause and building a story around it

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Both of these reports are just re-hashing the original Sky Sports one. They haven't a clue what the actual loan arrangement is, as hhave none of us. I would have thought LVG would have given some sot f assurance to Hughton that Wilson wouldn't be ecalled unless Utd have an absolute catastrophe on the injuries front. Would you take a, basically unproven young striker, who is only going to be here for a month, over a more experienced that would stay till the end of the season?
Because surely CH would have been aware of the situation at Old Trafford, and would have got in someone else, perhaps not as good, if there was a realistic chance of an early Wilson recall

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A poor Xmas period and I'll probably be more concerned as I doubt it will be Van Gaals choice to make

That said. He could score 2 a game between now and then and I don't think he'd be the answer to Uniteds problems

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Yes they are just copy and paste, but it doesn't mean there's nothing in it. A poor Xmas period for United and I'm sure Van Gaal will recall him.

But it doesn't mean there's anything in it either. Unless United are ravaged by injuries I really can't envisage him being recalled. He has played virtually zero first team football in the last 18 months for them, and by all accounts they are planning to invest in attacking options in January. I don't think they'd agree to a season long loan, then not honour it, unless the injuries pile up.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
But it doesn't mean there's anything in it either. Unless United are ravaged by injuries I really can't envisage him being recalled. He has played virtually zero first team football in the last 18 months for them, and by all accounts they are planning to invest in attacking options in January. I don't think they'd agree to a season long loan, then not honour it, unless the injuries pile up.

I get that, I think you are probably right, but if things continue as they are, with United struggling for goals and Wilson scoring for us, then I can see LVG coming under increasing pressure to recall him. Hopefully they have a marquee signing lined up for January and Wilson will stay. Maybe we might also have a marquee signing?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I get that, I think you are probably right, but if things continue as they are, with United struggling for goals and Wilson scoring for us, then I can see LVG coming under increasing pressure to recall him. Hopefully they have a marquee signing lined up for January and Wilson will stay. Maybe we might also have a marquee signing?
Hopefully we have both!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's Ulloa up to? Is he playing, or are Leicester doing ok without him?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The Glazers have never given in to fan pressure yet and I doubt LVG will and whilst they want him back now if they've got someone proven arriving in January they'll prefer that over Wilson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here