Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Williams: Homophobia or not?

Williams-Homophobia?

• Total voters

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Did he make any gestures to the west stand when being subbed? From the back of the WSU I didn't see anything but it looked like Mccarthy was telling him to get a move on while being subbed...something I have never seen an away manager do with a 2-0 lead.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Players do occasionally show their arses to the crowd , accidently or cheekly ( see what i did there ) why because it happens at brighton is it deemed homophobic ? If it happened at our place we would tell him to pull em up and stop being a prat .

I voted don't know, but why would this player do that, especially as he didn't score?

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
Aaron Cresswell ran up behind him while he was celebrating and pulled his shorts down as a prank. Williams pulled them back up and ran back to halfway. Hardly homophobic.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Did he make any gestures to the west stand when being subbed? From the back of the WSU I didn't see anything but it looked like Mccarthy was telling him to get a move on while being subbed...something I have never seen an away manager do with a 2-0 lead.

McCarthy did indeed tell him to hurry up. Refreshing to see. I also noticed that Ipswich didn't time waste as much as most teams have at the Amex.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I voted don't know, but why would this player do that, especially as he didn't score?

I dont know as i wasnt there . Johnny is a sensible young lad and im 100% sure he wouldnt pull his shorts down to wind up fans .

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Aaron Cresswell ran up behind him while he was celebrating and pulled his shorts down as a prank. Williams pulled them back up and ran back to halfway. Hardly homophobic.

If that's the case then definitely nothing to get our knickers in a twist about and proof that no picture tells the whole story.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I dont know as i wasnt there . Johnny is a sensible young lad and im 100% sure he wouldnt pull his shorts down to wind up fans .

Well, there we go. I shall not be screaming for a policeman (not that I would've done anyway).

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

I reckon they planned it pre-match and should both receive long bans accordingly. 😡 😤

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well, there we go. I shall not be screaming for a policeman (not that I would've done anyway).

It makes sense from the crowds reaction to it . If it was delibrate im sure the crowd wouldnt be laughing .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
His shorts came down in the celebration and he was pulling them up. That's what it looked like to me, but lets not that let get in the way of some EXCELLENT hand-wringing.

I'll scream for a policeman if someone else could please wet their bed?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Williams is clearly a **** and has one of the worst hairlines I've seen for a kid...

More importantly, it annoys me a few of our own 'fans' are laughing etc when when we be just conceded a goal. Clearly the Albion doesn't mean as much to others as it does me.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didnt see the incident,and from what people have said there is nothing to see anyway.
But in the spirit of modern Britain i am willing to choose to be offended and join a moaning bandwagon if necessary.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fuss over nothing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone else pointed out that Aaron Cresswell pulled his shorts down so he was just pulling them back up. Therefore not a homophobic gesture at all.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

This.

He may be on loan from palace, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a story.

Williams was celebrating, on top on the advertising boards. One of his team mates pulled them down.

The photo just happens to catch him at the time he was pulling them back up.

Still a **** for being in the refs ear all game, trying to get fellow professionals booked, or sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here