Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Williams: Homophobia or not?

Williams-Homophobia?

• Total voters

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Although he is undoubtedly an annoying little shit, that photo is completely misleading!
He was (overly) celebrating the goal and one of his teammates pulled his shorts down......that picture was taken as he was trying to pull them back up as he was running back to restart the game.
Totally misleading......

He is still an annoying little shit though....

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Thought he was good today. I know he has had a terrible injury and a loan move makes good sense but surely Palace could do with a player like him with his combination of determination and skill.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Williams is from Portslade, isn't he? (Palace should never have got their hands on him in the first place).

I really can't imagine a local lad being homophobic to Albion fans. Surely he'd have grown up with the same sort of disdain for this kind of ignorant behaviour as the rest of us?

Surely he can't be that thick?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How times have changed. Sammy Nelson drops his shorts while playing for arsenal in 1979 and the club immediately suspend him for 2 weeks and fine him 2 weeks wages before the fa got involved. It would be good to see the same standards today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How times have changed. Sammy Nelson drops his shorts while playing for arsenal in 1979 and the club immediately suspend him for 2 weeks and fine him 2 weeks wages before the fa got involved. It would be good to see the same standards today

1. Williams does not deserve a fine or a suspension. What happened was not offensive, it was a bit of fun.
2. It would NOT be a good thing to go back to the standards by which things were judged in the 70s, when homophobia and racism were, basically, accepted and considered acceptable. I know you didn't really mean that, but still, let's not yearn for The Good Old Days, eh?

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Definitely Albion fans behind him cos two were out of their seats and on their way home. Lady in pink coat seems to be taking a photo from a 'good' view. To me it looks like he had those cycling type shorts under his shorts so nothing probably exposed. He did rather overdo the hugging as he left the pitch when he was subbed.

Nothing to see here.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
He's a Palace wanker from Tunbridge Wells, what do you expect?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It strikes me that in the current era of football no one- fans or players is allowed to do anything remotely out of the norm. Boring, boring boring. Fuss about nothing.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
This.

He may be on loan from palace, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a story.

Williams was celebrating, on top on the advertising boards. One of his team mates pulled them down.

The photo just happens to catch him at the time he was pulling them back up.

Still a **** for being in the refs ear all game, trying to get fellow professionals booked, or sent off.

100% this

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Williams gets his shorts pulled down by a team-mate and that = Homophobia. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here