Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Happy to continue this discussion over a beer in the mezzanine of the new hotel

The new hotel, the building of which, doesn't come under FFP rules, but will earn money for the team in the future?

I think the club could do more to maximise income for the stadium, such as hiring out rooms, but have made it too expensive. I know people who have enquired about parties but backed out when they realised how much it is. I think Barber is still thinking too corporately.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here's Derby's average attendance over the last 6 years (not season tickets) as requested in a previous post.

Derby
09/10 - 29,230 (14th)
10/11 - 25,863 (19th)
11/12 - 25,878 (12th)
12/13 - 23,075 (10th)
13/14 - 24,981 (3rd)
14/15 - 28,609 (3rd currently)

ICG... - I'm feeling gloomy too but your repeated prediction of a "up to" 48% drop (ie: 10K) in ST sales next season would be unprecedented for *any* club in recent history however poor a season they might have had.

Very true but the increase from 6k was also unprecedented!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
To be honest it will be easier to thin these nob heads out who think its only worthwhile to go to the Albion when we are winning. Tosspots, poor football so what, its better than anything else you are going to do on a saturday.

All these people saying they are going to save money, what else will you do on a saturday.

I've got a mortgage, 3 loans and I've just had to put up with a demotion and a £ 4 K pay cut ( having been put through the wringer for the previous two years about 'performance', not entirely stress-free either ).

So before you spout off about saving money, or call me a nob head, it's a necessity, not a choice.

So, what with being taken apart about my views on UKIP, being misquoted on my views on Sinn Fein, and now being called a 'nob head', forgive me if I tell North Stand Chat to 'get lost'. I don't come on here to be judged, pilloried or misrepresented.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest it will be easier to thin these nob heads out who think its only worthwhile to go to the Albion when we are winning. Tosspots, poor football so what, its better than anything else you are going to do on a saturday.

All these people saying they are going to save money, what else will you do on a saturday, a bit of gardening or shopping with the wife, the first time you see the Albion have won in the 90th minute I hope you regret your poor move of giving up your season ticket, while you will be sticking in a cassarole, while your old lady is spending you £50 you have saved that month on a season ticket, the rest of us will be going ****ing crackers.

If you can't afford a season ticket fair enough. but I ask you this, can you afford to miss out on those memories, how much really a month are you saving as whatever you replace the Albion with, will still cost you and most importantly do you really want to see your wife instead of the Albion, come on, shes probably a munter, moans at you to put up some shelves and is past it.

The football might be shit, but its better than the alternitves. Dont be a mug renew your season ticket.

Blimey. Thanks for that. Can you tell me which supermarket to spend my money in too as I am totally incapable of knowing how to spend my hard earned money....after all having supported brighton for over 40 years, and seen the highs and the lows, I am still not sure if spending all that money was really worth it.

Btw I could just as easily spend it playing golf as I normally have to rush like hell from playing Saturday mornings to get to the Amex and my membership fees go up by 50% and not having a St will go towards the cost.....but I won't as I enjoy meeting mates at the football...which is a secondary distraction

Please do let me know.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Plenty, not all about the 90 minutes! Whats to say next season will be like this one on the pitch anyway, this season has been nothing like the past.

Stop being a misrable *******.
How's about you stop being a prick and telling everyone how they should and shouldn't spend their money and live their lives. If people think the football is shit and don't want to go it's their choice, if they'd prefer to go to the gym, spend time with the wife and kids that's their choice too. This season has been shite, and it might still get worse, and let's not kid ourselves that last season was spectacular either, yes we made the play offs but it seriously lacked entertainment.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
....after all having supported brighton for over 40 years, and seen the highs and the lows, I am still not sure if spending all that money was really worth it.....

I can't believe you mean that, Dave.
The memories I've got from following the Albion since the early 60's are worth every penny I've spent and more.
**** it, the emotion I felt in the opening League match at the Amex was priceless.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
No renewal from me. Live too far away, don't make many games and no longer any need to worry about going to get a spare seat at last minute, there are thousands of them now.

Last two years have renewed as we were doing ok, making play offs and was a chance could be giving up seat just before we made the big time.

This year the only worry is whether next season will be League One or still the Championship.

Will no doubt make a few games next season, but have can try out the view from other parts of ground.

Oh and finally can't get that excited anymore re squad for ever changing re endless loan players and no permanent same quality replacements for the long line of players and staff jumping ship to the big time, for which you can't really blame them to me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've got a mortgage, 3 loans and I've just had to put up with a demotion and a £ 4 K pay cut ( having been put through the wringer for the previous two years about 'performance', not entirely stress-free either ).

So before you spout off about saving money, or call me a nob head, it's a necessity, not a choice.

So, what with being taken apart about my views on UKIP, being misquoted on my views on Sinn Fein, and now being called a 'nob head', forgive me if I tell North Stand Chat to 'get lost'. I don't come on here to be judged, pilloried or misrepresented.

Stop being so precious. However if its down to the fact we have played shit you are not renewing its not really much to do with money is it? If its purely about the money then thats your choice. I'm just giving the view that you might miss it and the raw emotion of the albion winning isnt something youd want to miss out on.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Blimey. Thanks for that. Can you tell me which supermarket to spend my money in too as I am totally incapable of knowing how to spend my hard earned money....after all having supported brighton for over 40 years, and seen the highs and the lows, I am still not sure if spending all that money was really worth it.

Btw I could just as easily spend it playing golf as I normally have to rush like hell from playing Saturday mornings to get to the Amex and my membership fees go up by 50% and not having a St will go towards the cost.....but I won't as I enjoy meeting mates at the football...which is a secondary distraction

Please do let me know.

I gave up my golf memebership in order to continue to do things I enjoy more.

Spend your money how you want but I dont see why people will walk aeay from a season ticket purely because of bad form. When its shit its shit but you go through the shit times and then when you get to the good times it makes it all sweeter as im sure you know considering youve supported the team longer than ive been alive.

Couldnt give a toss where you shop but I do care about the Albion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No renewal from me. Live too far away, don't make many games and no longer any need to worry about going to get a spare seat at last minute, there are thousands of them now.

Last two years have renewed as we were doing ok, making play offs and was a chance could be giving up seat just before we made the big time.

This year the only worry is whether next season will be League One or still the Championship.

Will no doubt make a few games next season, but have can try out the view from other parts of ground.

Oh and finally can't get that excited anymore re squad for ever changing re endless loan players and no permanent same quality replacements for the long line of players and staff jumping ship to the big time, for which you can't really blame them to me.

Same situation, live too far away to keep justifying expense and time versus value. Spent most of last 2 seasons bored shitless and couldnt name our team it changes so frequently. Who've we got in this week? ;)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would imagine renewals will be a major part of Paul Barber's programme notes tomorrow.

(I say that with absolutely no knowledge of whether they will be or not)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Additionally, as basic and shallow as it seems, I feel the outcome of Saturday's game WILL have an impact. Feeling good, optimistic about survival and build for next year or uncertainty and possible relegation.
Tuesday will compound it either way.
Not renewing is not an option for me, but fully take on board many of the valid points on here.
I bet the 2 'B's are praying for a win come Saturday.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007

Spend your money how you want but I dont see why people will walk aeay from a season ticket purely because of bad form. When its shit its shit but you go through the shit times and then when you get to the good times it makes it all sweeter as im sure you know considering youve supported the team longer than ive been alive.

Sorry but I went through loads of sh1t times at Withdean, I was promised a "heightened experience" in exchange for a load more cash at the Amex, they lived upto this for about a season and its now worse than Withdean as we are expecting Prem ready but getting mid table league 1 at best, all for the price of the Premiership. I have followed the Albion for years but to be honest I feel like they made me pay for a shiny new Merc and delivered a secondhand Fiesta, regarding your earlier post shoving a casserole in the oven would probably be more exciting than the toss we have to watch every game at the moment and I would happily pay my wife £50 if it saved me watching the team underperform every time we play.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Additionally, as basic and shallow as it seems, I feel the outcome of Saturday's game WILL have an impact. Feeling good, optimistic about survival and build for next year or uncertainty and possible relegation.
Tuesday will compound it either way.
Not renewing is not an option for me, but fully take on board many of the valid points on here.
I bet the 2 'B's are praying for a win come Saturday.
The two B's only have themselves to blame for this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
....after all having supported brighton for over 40 years, and seen the highs and the lows, I am still not sure if spending all that money was really worth it.

Ridiculous. If spending the money was worth it at the time, then it was worth it.

Following the club has introduced me to many people, some of whom are now very good friends. It has given me countless brilliant memories (as well as some rubbish ones). Its taken me all over the country, seeing places I’d never otherwise have been. Its given me an utterly CRUCIAL shared interest with my two sons.

Why would any of that which has gone before be devalued in any way, just because we haven’t won many games this season? It’s an utterly preposterous position to take.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Now there is where you and I differ, as I enjoy golf immeasurably more than football at the moment even when playing in the pissing rain and gale force winds.

I am very much a realist when it comes to watching brighton as I have only seen us play in the top flight for 4 years in the 40 odd years, so I am used to watching a 3rd division club occasionally flirting with the second division and sometimes scarily bobbling about in the fourth division. We have had decent managers come and go, Peter Taylor, Alan Mullery, Chris cattlin, mark McGhee, Gus Poyet, but never exceptional managers. We had a few exceptional players in that time, lawrenson, worthington, robinson ( not john) foster, ward, Mortimer ...and even saw martin chivers and Frank Stapleton play for brighton for a while, Zamora and gotsmanov and of course the all too brief Vicente.

Yes it is fantastic having a shiny new ground, but as with most new things, the novelty wears off and no one can argue it is a fantastic ground, but if that ground proves to be a financial millstone around our necks, which by our current financial plight, it may well be, then it may well go against us. The " right on" let's be nice to our visitors with their own beer, pictures of their players scattered around and their own colours projected into their concourse is just cringeworthy and we need to be nasty *******s that clubs do not like to come to brighton, like we were at withdean.

So to reiterate I will probably renew as it has become a habit, but if next few seasons we are in the 3 rd division again and tickets are very easy to come by, then I will certainly not bother.

You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a real fan, which a lot of the arguments on here seem to be suggesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here