Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

I did take the blinkers off v Arsenal as everywhere I looked I saw half and half scarfs, which according to NSC is the work of Satan.

Prior to that I not only thought NSC contains a broad spectrum of fans, but NSC was the only place to obtain the views of a broad spectrum of fans.

If renewals are around 65% then hopefully my NSC faith will be restored, even though the Albion will be closing in on pooh street, paddleless.

Yes,yes, but where are these Palace fans.

Personally, I think NSC gives a very fair representation of Brighton fans opinion, and the fact the poll is public only adds further weight to the result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would say nsc has a large amount of zealots alot of the less committed fans don't even know nsc exists ,i would be very concerned with the renewal figures,i think around 5000 will not renew regardless of which league we are playing in and relegation could push another 2000 to jump. Its not looking good folks!:(
Of course there will be plenty who don't renew.
After all we all wanted to go to the stadium, we've now all been.
Plus there has always been a 'nod' to the Premier League coming from the club (as there should be) which is now looking a very long way off. That's going to cost renewals.

Nobody is buying S/T with the promise of League 1 (North) football.

I'm not saying everybody will be stamping next years S/T, far from it.

I'm just questioning how legit it is to quote 400 fans from a pool of 22,000 as the 'voice of the fans'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes,yes, but where are these Palace fans.

Personally, I think NSC gives a very fair representation of Brighton fans opinion, and the fact the poll is public only adds further weight to the result.
If there are no palace fans hijacking then fair enough, I apologise for my mistake.
(The feckin idiots can't even get that right)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

NSC has around 5-6K active members. It also has many tens of thousands more of users who don't register and just browse the forums of course. Its a brilliant and successful thing. I value it highly and thoroughly enjoy debating on here with you lot when i should be working.
However the Albion currently has 21.5K Season Ticket Holders and tens of thousands of fans who buy matchday tickets and come to multiple matches across a season. .
NSC can be a very effective way of checking the temperature of Albion fan opinion but obviously you have to do so with many caveats. Its polls are self-selective, taken from a very skewed sample and not weighted properly towards all season ticket holders or fans. That doesn't mean that you can't use it for insight and journalists, the club, and all of us frequently do. Its not hard to find out quickly that perhaps JFC is not exactly the fans favourite or that there are many reconsidering whether to renew STs for next year because the club has performed badly in 2014/15 (for all manner of reasons) and that probably reflects many ST holders views..
NSC also has some of the best moderated forums in football but its also has users who don't support the club, and like to wind other users up.

What is hard to forget for me and regulars on here is that most fans, even diehard ones, still never ever post to or even read Internet forums like this one, some have a very limited knowledge of lets say who Paul Barber is and what he does for example, and many fans would never ever consider discussing in public like this whether they plan to get a Season Ticket next year or not. So be careful about extrapolating too much apart from the likes of the well informed Ernest of course.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If there are no palace fans hijacking then fair enough, I apologise for my mistake.
(The feckin idiots can't even get that right)

At least one of the NOs hasn't got a season ticket, this season, to renew.
I also refute Returnoftherev's post where only the committed fans post on Nsc. I know quite a number of very committed fans who don't, and wouldn't ever post on Nsc.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
At least one of the NOs hasn't got a season ticket, this season, to renew.
I also refute Returnoftherev's post where only the committed fans post on Nsc. I know quite a number of very committed fans who don't, and wouldn't ever post on Nsc.

I saw that too

As for Rev's point I assume he was saying that most of the fans posting on NSC are committed, not that most committed fans post on NSC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He wasn't saying that though, was he?

He was saying the population of NSCers is likely to be more committed fans. That doesn't mean that all committed fans post on NSC - he was making no comment about those who don't post on NSC.

(Note: I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with him - I have no idea - I'm just pointing out you've misinterpreted what he said)

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I don't think the poll is too far off, I think we will lose about 20% of season ticket holders next season so just over 4000, maybe more if we go down.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely the evidence that we're averaging closer to 16,000 gates is indicative of how people are feeling at the moment. What concerns me is, of those attendees, how many feel obligated to attend because they've paid, but won't renew and will then stop going to games? The football's been dross, the transfers have been abysmal, what is there to attract 'newer' fans back for more? For the many thousands that barely knew of Brighton's existence pre Amex there won't be a real feeling of loyalty, they'll leave it quite happily but will return as soon as the good times return, that is of course their choice, but the club could have done a lot more in the last 3/4 windows to keep them keen.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Surely the evidence that we're averaging closer to 16,000 gates is indicative of how people are feeling at the moment. What concerns me is, of those attendees, how many feel obligated to attend because they've paid, but won't renew and will then stop going to games? The football's been dross, the transfers have been abysmal, what is there to attract 'newer' fans back for more? For the many thousands that barely knew of Brighton's existence pre Amex there won't be a real feeling of loyalty, they'll leave it quite happily but will return as soon as the good times return, that is of course their choice, but the club could have done a lot more in the last 3/4 windows to keep them keen.

Good post. The amount of non Saturday 3pm games hacks me off. Being 50 miles away, it is the travel midweek that gets awkward. The danger is, by not renewing to pick and choose the games you go to, you may find yourself saying "oh its only X this weekend, I'll swerve that". Having a ST makes you go.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Surely the evidence that we're averaging closer to 16,000 gates .

We've had a couple of midweek games in the last 4 months or so (Wigan ?, Ipswich ) where the attendance (not tickets sold) was below 20K on basis of insight posted on here and the empty seats.

We've also had 10-11 Saturday/Friday games where the attendance (not tickets sold) has been well above 20K+ I'd argue . Thats not "averaging closer to 16000 gates" in terms of attendance even on the most gloomy of analysis... We've had a couple of attendances that have been close to that is what you mean ?

Our actual average so far this season in terms of tickets sold is 25,182. the 3rd highest in the league behind Derby and Norwich.

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Before Boxing Day I hadn't set foot in a football stadium. Now I'm a season ticket holder, have read 'Build a Bonfire' and 'We Want Falmer' and learnt GOSBTS.

I've only seen us win once and I want more of that. I'll be renewing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One thing that a casual fan said to me the other day is the revolving door policy at the albion that is putting him off renewing.

over the last few seasons, we have seen so many players come and go, it feels like the very soul has been ripped out of the club with journeymen coming and going with no love for the club and its fans. Now fans are talking about ripping the team up again and next year starting again! So here we have come full circle.

What we need is a stable group of players, where loans are only required to cover long term, or short term specific injuries!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One thing that a casual fan said to me the other day is the revolving door policy at the albion that is putting him off renewing.

over the last few seasons, we have seen so many players come and go, it feels like the very soul has been ripped out of the club with journeymen coming and going with no love for the club and its fans. Now fans are talking about ripping the team up again and next year starting again! So here we have come full circle.

What we need is a stable group of players, where loans are only required to cover long term, or short term specific injuries!

This. Need to build some core team spirit. As we saw during the Withdean years, that can take a team a very long way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did take the blinkers off v Arsenal as everywhere I looked I saw half and half scarfs, which according to NSC is the work of Satan.

Proof that NSC is mostly populated by hard core fans. Those who bought half and half scarves are likely to be football fans more than Albion fans. If only 64% of hard core fans are intending to renew I'd suggest a much lower percentage of fans who buy half and half scarves are likely to renew given the shite on offer?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This. Need to build some core team spirit. As we saw during the Withdean years, that can take a team a very long way.

There is something to this, I think. In the Withdean days there was no 'them' and 'us', it was just 'us'.

How many players and other club staff do we feel like that about now really, when it comes down to it? Calde is the obvious one - I'm not sure there are any others.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

It's a valid point, not just in terms of the impact on the team's performance. Fans want to identify (with) the players, it's part of the appeal. I am a casual fan at Lewes but one of the things that puts me off when I go is that half the team seems to be different. I can imagine a casual Albion fan feels much the same this season.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
There is something to this, I think. In the Withdean days there was no 'them' and 'us', it was just 'us'.

How many players and other club staff do we feel like that about now really, when it comes down to it? Calde is the obvious one - I'm not sure there are any others.

For me, Greer as the long-serving skipper, Dunk because he is Brighton, Ince because he scraps for everything and to a lesser extent O'Grady because he's proved he's a regular bloke. But I agree with your overall point Bozza.

PG

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Fair point, I've found the lack of continuity in the side to be a major factor in our poor performances. Key injuries have not helped though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here