Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Will you be buying/have you bought Jubilee crap/memorabilia?

Will you/have you bought Jubilee memorabilia?

• Yes of course I will

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nope, not a chance

Votes: 92 90.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not anti Royals but what is the attraction?

Anyone on here collect it or buy it for relatives or friends?

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm waiting to see if Private Eye do some "Congratulations Brenda on your Platinum Jubilee" stuff

brenda.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve bought a mug to go with my previous collection. I love history.
As a veteran, I entered the ballot to be seated by the Victoria Memorial for Trooping the Colour next Thursday. I was successful so will be celebrating the Boss on her Platinum Jubilee. If you watch it on tv, look out for me.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The older I get the more detatched and unable to relate I find myself from these kind of national events. I said it during the Euros that I struggled to even support England and watch "our" run to the final with any more interest than any other games (blasphemy to some I know) despite having gone to England games at home and occasionally away for many years in the past and been fully into supporting in a big way. Don't know why that's the case, I'd actually quite like to feel it like others do. I voted "no" for this but I might get something as a gift for an elderly person I know who has one decent non-tat piece of memorabilia for every major royal event - coronations, weddings, jubilees - going back to George IV in 1820 so I might have lied about buying nothing, but if I do it won't be for me!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
A beautifully crafted extra day off,god bless the Queen.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As a veteran, I entered the ballot to be seated by the Victoria Memorial for Trooping the Colour next Thursday. I was successful so will be celebrating the Boss on her Platinum Jubilee. If you watch it on tv, look out for me.

As a photographer, this event is not to be missed, myself and Mrs Shingle are going up the night before and sleeping somewhere along the mall to bag our spot for parade

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a photographer, this event is not to be missed, myself and Mrs Shingle are going up the night before and sleeping somewhere along the mall to bag our spot for parade

We’re not allowed cameras where we are, but I hope I can get some good photos with my phone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Next Thursday is a day to celebrate

20 years to the day since I first met Mrs Zef (nee Tedebear) via this place.

I was quite touched when it was announced we would get a bank holiday to celebrate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No memorabilia but I shall be spending next Thursday morning sitting down to watch someone who has worked hard for all our benefit enjoying a day at an institution hallowed in the culture of this country and who has gone on for far longer than anyone could have imagined but is still doing a fantastic job.

Unless England bat first in the Lord's test, in which case Jimmy Anderson might not bowl until Thursday afternoon.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

Bravo Zulu, enjoy :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here