Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we stay up this season

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Only 11 points clear of the drop zone are we good enough to pick up the reamining points required and beat the drop or are we safe as houses and just a slihght blip?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We will slide further down, we'll sign some players, either they are good enough >> We finish mid table or they arn't good enough >> we get involved in a relegation scrap.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
No problem, will not only stay up but will be closer to promotion slots then relegation ones. I also think we will be playing Southampton again in the league next year. Their away form is mid table and once they dip at home they'll fall away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No suggestion of relegation as I am sure that Gus will strengthen the side with loan signings or a purchase to prepare in our ways and style for next season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Staying up ? Not a problem when Coventry , Donny and Palace take up the 3 relegation places.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Put it this way, there are probably about 5/6 teams in this division that are worse then us, I really don't think we'll go down but I do think our league position flatters us a bit.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Only 11 points clear of the drop zone are we good enough to pick up the reamining points required and beat the drop or are we safe as houses and just a slihght blip?

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We have the players to finish mid-table and this is where we will finish in my opinion. But, if Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente get fit and some new signings all clicked we will finish higher.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Put it this way, there are probably about 5/6 teams in this division that are worse then us, I really don't think we'll go down but I do think our league position flatters us a bit.

This. Off the top of my head we are better than Peterboro, Brizzle C, Donny, Pompey, Cov, Barnsley and Watford. Stay above that lot and we wil be FINE.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I can't see us being involved in relegation. f*** me there's stll 69 points up for grabs! People need to wake up, first season back in the championship we are doing fine. THings have dropped off a bit, yeah. But no need to press the panic button at all.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
click to enlarge:

league finishes up to 2011.jpg

We have 32 points, so we need another 18 from a possible 69. We need to average 0.78 points per game. For the fist half of the season we averaged 1.39.

In short, yes. We will stay up.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Will we stay up :lolol:

Thread of the week, without question. And to any questioning it, have a word with yourselves you miserable louts.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a f***ing stupid question. ELEVEN points from the dropzone.

If anyone had said "11 points from top spot, will we be Champions ?" the question would invite the same derision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here