Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sign a Striker...

Will we sign a Striker...

• On Loan soon

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • In January

Votes: 114 77.0%
  • Neither, play with the cards we've been dealt.

Votes: 20 13.5%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'll be quite disappointed if we don't as Hughton has done fantastically well to get us where we are without a prolific hit man. Adam Armstrong might be worth a go from Newcastle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is the problem and I would rather look at somebody out of favour at a Premier club like, as I have previously mentioned, Victor Anichebe at WBA.

Could be a good shout. What about Grabham at Norwich or try and get a failing Championship team to part with players? Afobe ?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Rhodes has got 8 goals this season to Baldocks 2. If he had scored those 8 goals for us this season we would still be at least 4 points clear at the top. Not to mention we are a better team that Blackburn and create more chances so that 8 goals could easily be 10.

A goalscorer will not gaurantee you promotion, you need a good team too. But we have that, don't we?
But you could probably not have played Hemed and Rhodes together, you would need one smaller more skillful forward, Rhodes has got 3 more goals than Hemed for a fee in excess of 11 million more, hes also probably not as good at bringing others into play as Hemed so its possible we might have won a game or two more but we could easily have lost more games instead, I think what Hemed does apart from scoring in helping people to score from midfield is underrated.
Think we will get a loan but not a striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As posted on another thread it will be interesting to see how Nicky Maynards performs for them because there were some on here, me included, who suggested he could be a cheap answer for us prior to signing for MK Dons.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Baldock is good but he is incapable of scoring so we should find someone who can score, or due to our lack of goals we may find the automatic places out of reach.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
What's needed is a goalscorer and I have every belief that we will sign one in early January. Someone that shows real intent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should we persevere with Baldock or do we need to ditch him and try another approach as he is very similar in his play to CMS and perhaps that is the wrong type of striker for us having spent money on 2 and both failing to hit the next consistently.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Should we persevere with Baldock or do we need to ditch him and try another approach as he is very similar in his play to CMS and perhaps that is the wrong type of striker for us having spent money on 2 and both failing to hit the next consistently.

A lot of people on here rate Baldock, I'm not so sure.

Baldock + £1.5m for Kodjia please.

Hemed & Kodjia up front = Top 4 end of season.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I guess a lot depends on the progress of Harper & Hambo - these could turn out to be just what we need

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasnt impressed with Kodjia I would sooner have gone for Vydra even at the money wanted, but then its not my money being spent. As a short term fix what is Vaz Te doing?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

A lot of people rate Baldock because of the runs he makes.

Fact is, he's playing alongside Hemed (who's the 'target man'), but isn't scoring any goals. We need somebody who will feed off Hemed's hold up play if we want to go up, Baldock's not clinical enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of people rate Baldock because of the runs he makes.

Fact is, he's playing alongside Hemed (who's the 'target man'), but isn't scoring any goals. We need somebody who will feed off Hemed's hold up play if we want to go up, Baldock's not clinical enough.

Come back Peter Ward as in playing alongside of Spider. Keegan with Toshack.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I wasnt impressed with Kodjia I would sooner have gone for Vydra even at the money wanted, but then its not my money being spent. As a short term fix what is Vaz Te doing?

I've only seen Kodjia play 3x so far this season but he's just a quality player.
Vydra's sure to score goals but price plus he's only scored once this season right?

Kodjia's scored 8 times in a less than average team, got Angers promoted to the top flight in France and I think was player of the year in the French 2nd League.

I don't think there's much (if any) chance of Bristol letting him go though, he's pretty much their ticket for Championship football next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here