Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we see Jiri Skalak on Saturday?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would be great (assuming no-one else is knackered) to be able to bring him and Lualua on at the same time in place of Knockaert and Murphy at about 70 minutes. Can you imagine the faces on the opposition defenders' faces?

babycrying.png

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Based on absolutely nothing, I think we may use him as an out and out striker rather than a winger.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
KLL and Skalak on the bench will be enough to keep all the front line on their toes, Baldock coming back will add to it. Getting quite excited about the rest of the season especially when Bong and Rosenior come back as well.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Hopefully some time off the bench at some point against Bolton. It would be better for him to have got his debut out the way in what hopefully is an easier game than possibly in the deep end away from home.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Scary to think we still have some great players coming back, Baldock, Uwe,Greer,Bong,Rosenior. Squad is so strong now

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
KLL and Skalak on the bench will be enough to keep all the front line on their toes, Baldock coming back will add to it. Getting quite excited about the rest of the season especially when Bong and Rosenior come back as well.

It's so great we don't have to rely on Calde, Rosenior or Baldock as wingers anymore like we did earlier this season and last season. Solly March could have a claim of having the best performance by a winger this season vs Birmingham but he'll have a huge challenge to get back in the starting line up next season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jiri would love to play soon, but he's been busy...

Does he know it's the Palace Pier ? (Although not to be confused as an affectionate accolade to them up the road).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems like it may well be a choice between Skalak and Baldock on the bench.

By my reckoning -

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Ridgewell

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson
Hemed

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Crofts, Sidwell, Lua Lua, Zamora , Baldock or Skalak

4 games in 11 days means plenty of rotation for both the 11 and the 18.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Judging by Jiří's career club stats to date, we might already have decided to send him out on loan...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiří_Skalák

Hmmmm..............that record doesn't look that good on paper. Hope the scouting and recruitment team have seen something about him other than just his playing stats. Hope he makes an appearance soon - as a previous poster has said, don't want his career to stall like Manu's.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends if he wants different options on the bench. Sidwell and Crofts would appear to provide very similar cover.

I wouldn't be mega surprised if he started one of these two against Hull in a 4-5-1, cautious with an element of counter attacking.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
We now have a wealth of wingers so I wonder if CH would consider playing Skalak in behind a lone striker or as a striker?

It's seems harsh to drop Murphy after his last performance and we can't drop Knockaert. Does Skalak play CM at all?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hmmmm..............that record doesn't look that good on paper. Hope the scouting and recruitment team have seen something about him other than just his playing stats. Hope he makes an appearance soon - as a previous poster has said, don't want his career to stall like Manu's.

I think this season has been a breakthrough for him, look most player's stats when they're 18 to 21 and they're not usually very good. He's had 5 caps since September and scored 6 in 16 for his club side. He looked pretty good in the Euro qualifier against Holland.

Agree that at this stage of his career he needs games, it could hurt his progress if he gets stuck on the bench. I can't see there being any parallels with Elvis though, Jiri is a full international while Evlis was nowhere near the dutch side.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think this season has been a breakthrough for him, look most player's stats when they're 18 to 21 and they're not usually very good. He's had 5 caps since September and scored 6 in 16 for his club side. He looked pretty good in the Euro qualifier against Holland.

Agree that at this stage of his career he needs games, it could hurt his progress if he gets stuck on the bench. I can't see there being any parallels with Elvis though, Jiri is a full international while Evlis was nowhere near the dutch side.
Hope you're right - and I'm certainly not trying to write off his Brighton career just yet (so long as he scores a hat trick in each of his first three appearances, of course!)

Elvis is apparently going nowhere near the full Holland side (although he played at all levels up to U21) as he's now switched to Ghana, apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here