Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make the top 6?

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 121 27.9%
  • No, no we won't

Votes: 312 72.1%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is clear blue space now between us and the teams below us - we're five points ahead of Ipswich with a game in hand and seven points ahead of Blackburn. The top 6 places will surely go to the teams currently in the top 8. Wigan on a roll, but you do wonder if their schedule will catch up with them. And no reason at all why we shouldn't catch Forest and Reading.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Realistically, I think we'll finish above Reading and Forest. Can't see us catching up with anyone else... Unless we somehow win like 9 games! We could still potentially finish on 89, but 74(Ish) seems realistic.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Realistically, I think we'll finish above Reading and Forest. Can't see us catching up with anyone else... Unless we somehow win like 9 games! We could still potentially finish on 89, but 74(Ish) seems realistic.

Points are somewhat irrelevant if we finish above those 2

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby v Forest 12:15 next Saturday.

I'd say Derby are also catchable.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm usually quite positive so I must have been at a rather low ebb when I voted 'No' initially! Feeling cautiously optimistic now...

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I voted no a while ago but i'd now say we are capable of achieving around 19 points from the last 11 games. This would give us 75 points and be enough for the top six.

Last season at this stage we had the same points sat in 6th and in the end the final play off spot was achieved with just 68 points.

Lots to be positive about.:smile:
View attachment 52030

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
results of next saturdays games will be telling. Beat Ipswich and that should be them and everyone else below 8Th out of the equation.

reading gotta go to Birmingham

forest go to derby.

we should be in the play offs by this time next week with a game in hand. (kiss of death!)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think we could hobble into 6th place so am hoping for that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure Derby / Forest / Wigan supporters still don't think they are guatanteed to reach the playoffs. Which means they think one team outside the top 6 will finish above them.

Could be us, all to play for.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm doing the reverse sociology. I'm not tempting fate unlike some on here.
Understood, but keep it to yourself. I only voted on the poll today, and I still voted no. When polls ask 'how many points will we get from the next 5 games' I always vote 0, and I tend to vote 'lose 3-0' in all score predictors. I'm counter-balancing posts like this:
Realistically, I think we'll finish above Reading and Forest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What do you reckon now?

It's in our own hands taking into account our game in hand.

Definitely in with a shout as we really seem to have shifted gears all of a sudden and just at the right time.

I honestly thought we would get nothing from the last two games yet 6 points it is which is a huge achievement.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
If form from the last ten games is replicated in the next 10 games, the battle for 6th (5th would be out of reach) going into the final game would look like this:-

6. BHA 73
7. Reading 72
8. Forest 70

Reading are at home to Burnley who would already be up and you know who we have....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Derby v Forest 12:15 next Saturday.

I'd say Derby are also catchable.

I'm with you on this BV.
We need six more wins, I reckon, and there's a chance that we could notch up three in our next three. That would just leave us needing to win our remaining home games, all of which are against teams in the bottom third of the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here