Will we get to the Prem with Gus as manager?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we get to the Prem while Gus is gaffer?

• Total voters

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Jury's out for me.

Love the football been played in the last 2 games but look what happened the game before. Gus has to work out how his team of flair plays football on northern muddy ploughed fields.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i want to trust in Gus, but find my faith wavering. not enough goals, too few wins at home. something isn't right and im not sure Gus knows what it is or knows how to fix it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i want to trust in Gus, but find my faith wavering. not enough goals, too few wins at home. something isn't right and im not sure Gus knows what it is or knows how to fix it.

Gus cant be blamed for us not taking our chances, we are doing more than enough to win 75% of our home games, Gus certainly is not letting us down in any way in my opinion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hasn't Gus said numerous times that it would have to be something really, really, really special for him to leave? i.e. Real Madrid, Barca, Zaragoza, Uruguay, Chelsea or Spurs?

This, and he will need to prove himself in the premier league and Europe before any of these with the exception of Zaragoza come calling. He will do this over the next 4 years with one club and they are called Brighton & Hove Albion!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This, and he will need to prove himself in the premier league and Europe before any of these with the exception of Zaragoza come calling. He will do this over the next 4 years with one club and they are called Brighton & Hove Albion!

I was also going to say, he has emphasised many, many, many, many times that Brighton is a long term project, and his involvement with the training centre hints towards this way of thinking too.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Think this is my take on things also. Am sure our new striker is going to be alright eventually but we needed a Kevin Phillips type to start getting goals immediately.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... we are doing more than enough to win 75% of our home games

not sure what your counting (since his appointment? Amex?) but this season is 6 wins from 16 home game in the league, or 37%. lowest in the top half. highest home draws in league (7) and reasonable away (5 wins, 6 draws from 15) have made up the points. i dont want to say it, but its not enough (evidently)

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I voted no, but not for the suggested reason. My reason is that he is not pragmatic enough to win matches at this level, given the budget we can afford. That is why he keeps bleating on about the lack of money he gets. He does not have the ability to make the most of what money he gets.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Think this is my take on things also. Am sure our new striker is going to be alright eventually but we needed a Kevin Phillips type to start getting goals immediately.

Eh? Weren't they signed about the same time and each of them has one goal to their name? Simplifying it a bit because you said that 'type' of player, but I don't think it will be long before it clicks with Ulloa.

Interesting piece in Sport magazine (the iPad edition, at least) this week about young European managers set for top jobs, including De Boer, Solskjaer and Klopp, followed by three to watch who are the UK (Gus, Howe and Robinson). Makes you think that while his stock is quite high, there are a lot of other options out there.

I voted yes – I think he will stay and finish the job he started.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Eh? Weren't they signed about the same time and each of them has one goal to their name? Simplifying it a bit because you said that 'type' of player, but I don't think it will be long before it clicks with Ulloa.

Interesting piece in Sport magazine (the iPad edition, at least) this week about young European managers set for top jobs, including De Boer, Solskjaer and Klopp, followed by three to watch who are the UK (Gus, Howe and Robinson). Makes you think that while his stock is quite high, there are a lot of other options out there.

I voted yes – I think he will stay and finish the job he started.

Hopefully with us(Gus in the top flight). I still don't understand the whole Karl Robinson fascination. He's achieved F all so far. Currently managing a mid-table team in League 1. He's had so many chances to get them promoted. On the other hand Howe looks like a real prospect. He's doing a fine job along the coast with the Cherries.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hopefully with us(Gus in the top flight). I still don't understand the whole Karl Robinson fascination. He's achieved F all so far. Currently managing a mid-table team in League 1. He's had so many chances to get them promoted. On the other hand Howe looks like a real prospect. He's doing a fine job along the coast with the Cherries.

Howe is totally Cherrycentric

- - - Updated - - -

Howe is totally Cherrycentric

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes

But it will have to be a mix of the glorious (at home every week PLEASE and none of this defensive shit at home, more team/set up against Blackburn than Brum) and the defensive AWAY from home.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep next season we will win the championship

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gus is still a rookie so no big club is gonna come knocking just yet. Clubs will be comparing him and Zola, alongside each other and at the moment, Zola is winning more brownie points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports