Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we beat the scum, that is Palarse, next week?

Will we beat the scum, that is Palarse, next week?

• Yes

Votes: 166 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 32.0%

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Think they are in trouble, could get sucked in to a relegation fight what with Everton finding their mojo
I was hoping this would be the case, but they are significantly better than the crowd below them.
2 Draws and a narrow loss against Newcastle and United recently.
Not a chance of them being in real danger this season.

Vieira has given up the expansive play, which would be playing into our hands.
It will be a tight game, as long as we don't lose, I will be happy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I still have nightmares about that game during lockdown when we dominated virtually the whole game and somehow lost 2-1 with Palace scoring on their only 2 attacks in the whole game. Even Hodgson couldn’t believe they won. That was just typical of us at the time. We completely outplayed West Brom a week earlier or later, missed 2 penalties and had a perfectly good goal disallowed and West Brom nicked a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal from a corner. No more of this please. In fact we had 2 or 3 years of tear your hair out stuff under Potter, outplaying the opposition, 70% possession and drawing or losing the game. This is exactly the kind of game we normally lose and Palace have got to be the jammiest team of all time.
The only good thing about that game is there were no inbreds in the stadium to gloat about it.

With only away form we should stuff them and they are in poor form, surely they've used all their luck up against us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just look at the starting XI they’ve been putting out all season. A hugely uninspiring group of players most of whom should be playing in the Championship. Huge credit to their manager for getting that side up to mid table again.

There is no way we should go there fearing them. Yet I do fear them. Why? As has been said, the ghost of that game at the Amex where we battered them into oblivion and lost casts a long shadow, as has the fact that we haven’t beaten them since. Even the games last season, where we should have had a better side, I thought they edged.

Basically what I’m saying is that we owe them one. Now that we don’t have a manager who so effectively sucks the passion out of every situation it’s a wonder he has children, I have to admit I have a quiet confidence. I think RDZ will get our best team out there, get them fired up and not accept a mediocre performance in the way his predecessor would. But I also fear the god of football sods law who might see fit to chuck a bad performance at us on the one game I don’t want it.

Also they’ll blatantly be ploughing the pitch up as we speak, so we’ll have to adapt.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Just look at the starting XI they’ve been putting out all season. A hugely uninspiring group of players most of whom should be playing in the Championship. Huge credit to their manager for getting that side up to mid table again.

There is no way we should go there fearing them. Yet I do fear them. Why? As has been said, the ghost of that game at the Amex where we battered them into oblivion and lost casts a long shadow, as has the fact that we haven’t beaten them since. Even the games last season, where we should have had a better side, I thought they edged.

Basically what I’m saying is that we owe them one. Now that we don’t have a manager who so effectively sucks the passion out of every situation it’s a wonder he has children, I have to admit I have a quiet confidence. I think RDZ will get our best team out there, get them fired up and not accept a mediocre performance in the way his predecessor would. But I also fear the god of football sods law who might see fit to chuck a bad performance at us on the one game I don’t want it.

Also they’ll blatantly be ploughing the pitch up as we speak, so we’ll have to adapt.
I feel like ever since Palace got promoted to the Prem about 10 years ago they’ve been pushing their luck with bang average squads. Hodgson was ideal for them in getting the best out of a very average bunch. Football they played was utterly grim mind although they have finished above us several times since we got promoted so they must be doing something right.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure I agree with the idea that Palace's team is poor.
They have always invested in quick skilful young players at the expense of a decent and deep squad
We have been the opposite for much of our Premier existence.
We have started matching them in this regard over the last couple of seasons.

It is clearly our time to overtake them in the table on a consistent basis.
But their first team will always be able to get a result against us, in the one off games.

Detest the ugly atmosphere. The simmering undercurrent of hate. As a mature, pre-rivalry fan, don't get wrapped up in it as much as many others, including my son. Now regard the enemy as the Greedy Six. They are raping and pillaging football, playing scant regard to the precious pyramid. Elitist, self-entitled bullies. As far as I am concerned, they should fck orf to the European Super League and stay there.
0-0 or 1-1....can't decide.
Do you sit on your hands until we score, then clap? Rivalries are what make football. Love the intense atmospheres. Hate the ruch clubs too, but dont forget the fun side of derbies and rivalries. Ot would be so shit without it

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
This is the most I've looked forward to a Palace game for years.

I'm not convinced we'll win, but don't think that Viera can even contemplate setting up defensively against us at Smellhurst. It's got the potential to be a fantastic end-to-end derby, and if there is space available in any game, I fancy our chances.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm only going to whisper this but I don't reckon we were that good against Bournemuff or Liverpool (in the cup), but we managed to muddle through in the end. Our reputation amongst pundits and hacks for being stupendous is way OTT, and I see a draw written all over this first visit to Selhurst since their amazing new stand opened. Oh hang on....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The team have shown me they can do it. I'm predicting a win. I expect it to be more Bournemouth at home rather than demolition of Liverpool, but we were able to dig out a win this weekend and I think we can do it again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They don't seem to think so over on the Homesdale Chat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Almost exclusively negative on there - liked this one :

They've outclassed us, without winning, the last few times we've played them. We will not continue to get away with it. Zaha is talismanic against Brighton so we need him to be fit. The reality is that we are treading water or even sinking while Brentford and Fulham have passed us. Brighton are almost out of sight.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Ref, lino and VAR confirmed for the game:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-161532.png
    Screenshot_20230206-161532.png
    65 KB · Views: 36

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here