Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the two week break be good for the Albion?

Will the two week break be good for the club?

• Yes

Votes: 70 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Hopefully. You could argue the pandemic saved our season as we were quite a different team when we returned so maybe this break will do the trick too.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Very much hoping so. I’m currently of the opinion that we’ll get a win against Norwich, draw against Wolves and West Ham and lose the rest.

I can’t tell if our players seem fatigued or just demotivated atm, a break fixes one of those things, but not the other.

el punal

I guess we will find out at 1700hs April 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

April 2nd will definitely be interesting. It will either end as a positive relief or a doom and gloom scenario.

This situation reminds me of when we played Cardiff in 2019. We were in the throes of a dreadful run, just been thumped 5-0 at home by Bournemouth, the players looked completely devoid of confidence or conviction.
So similar to where we are now, and then we had a reasonable cushion of safety IF we beat Cardiff. We didn’t and the appalling run of form continued.

This time round we probably have enough points in the bag to avoid the drop but should we lose to Norwich then a horrible marker would be laid down regarding our future prospects.

I am hoping that this two week break will help everyone to sort their heads and revert back to playing the attractive football we were playing before the Burnley fiasco.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great to have a straight 'yes' or 'no' poll with no stupid caveats - but unfortunately, for me this one needs a 'don't know' option.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Getting to point where I’m past caring really. Que Sera Sera. If we were to be relegated, perhaps we’ll have an entertaining season like Fulham and Bmuff are enjoying? That compared to the tedium we serve up each week would be preferable surely? My only concern would be, in typical Albion fashion, is we get sucked into a Championship relegation battle rather than bounce back as practically every other club does. But to answer the question, I don’t think 2 weeks will affect the missing striker problem, that’s been going for several transfer windows now. Perhaps the development squad has an answer to our prayers?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
April 2nd will definitely be interesting. It will either end as a positive relief or a doom and gloom scenario.

This situation reminds me of when we played Cardiff in 2019. We were in the throes of a dreadful run, just been thumped 5-0 at home by Bournemouth, the players looked completely devoid of confidence or conviction.
So similar to where we are now, and then we had a reasonable cushion of safety IF we beat Cardiff. We didn’t and the appalling run of form continued.

This time round we probably have enough points in the bag to avoid the drop but should we lose to Norwich then a horrible marker would be laid down regarding our future prospects.

I am hoping that this two week break will help everyone to sort their heads and revert back to playing the attractive football we were playing before the Burnley fiasco.

Indeed, this game was Hughton’s Waterloo, the decision was made after that game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes. As much as a 5 minute spell in the 2nd half at Old Trafford seemed to be a drastic turning point in our confidence, the 17 day break from domestic football could press the reset button.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It depends on how much GP can learn them. It hasn't been a rip roaring success so far but after every match he has said we will learn from it. Expecting a dull low scoring draw or Naarwich nicking it at the moment with our present low confidence.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes

I could be wrong but haven't quite a few of the wins this season come after the International Breaks ?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I haven't got a clue but if the break helps Webster get closer to fitness that must be a bonus.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has to be.

Regardless of GPs rhetoric of “we’re not playing badly”, actually we really aren’t very good. Several players are off form, GP isn’t making great selections or changes, and we literally have no idea in the last third.

The only two players who IMO are playing close to their level are Maupay and MacAllister.

A break will be good for everyone and with Webster returning, defensively we should look better.

This. As things stand l really don't know how, when, or even if, the next win is going to come from. You can see, even sense, that the players confidence has been entirely shot, and are waiting to concede the first goal, and once that inevitable first goal goes in, things very quickly go from bad to worse.

I also think that competing teams have found a way of playing against is now that negates how effective we were earlier in the season. By applying a high press it makes it so difficult to play the ball out from the back and denies us time and space to develop play.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Well?

We've got two weeks off now.

Chance to reset, get players fit and work on tactics?

Or will a malaise set in and even more players get injured on international duty?

What does ' reset ' actually mean? Always sounds like football buzzword bingo and why can't we ' reset ' between matches that may be only a week apart? Let's hope the extended break gets Webster fit.

Norwich is crucial to stop the rot and if we lose again the natives will be getting very restless!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here