[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open? - yes it will!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
. . . there is a subtle difference. ???

:lolol: There is indeed. It's just when you list tickets on the site it sort of gives the impression they're listed and ready to be sold. It doesn't say "the club has *** tickets left to sell before we'll think about listing yours".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm glad I paid the £20 to share my ticket.

Thing is, I didn't, but now can't go tomorrow. So I'd have to pay £40 now in order to be able to give them to someone, even if I knew someone who wanted them, so...

And here I am - a season ticket holder - unable to go tomorrow as it’s my mums 80th birthday and can’t even give away my tickets!

...snap.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Thing is, I didn't, but now can't go tomorrow. So I'd have to pay £40 now in order to be able to give them to someone, even if I knew someone who wanted them, so...

...snap.

I can go but don't have a ticket, and I'm not willing to pay £50-odd for the seats currently available when I know that there are plenty of other seats that aren't actually going to be used.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The sad thing is, most of us who used to pass on STs to trusted friends of trusted friends did it for altruistic reasons. Or at least not for profit. Somebody who may not previously have had many chances to watch the Albion got to do so, their bum filled a seat, they maybe bought a programme, visited the club shop, scoffed a pie and a pint or two. Genuinely felt like a win-win all round, including for the club. I get it that covid changed the game, but shouldn't have changed the game to the extent it has done. Seats will just remain empty. Just feels like a lose-lose :shrug:

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few hundred more to be released, players tickets, comps etc. If this is the case then I can’t see the exchange opening this season except maybe Liverpool.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The sad thing is, most of us who used to pass on STs to trusted friends of trusted friends did it for altruistic reasons. Or at least not for profit. Somebody who may not previously have had many chances to watch the Albion got to do so, their bum filled a seat, they maybe bought a programme, visited the club shop, scoffed a pie and a pint or two. Genuinely felt like a win-win all round, including for the club. I get it that covid changed the game, but shouldn't have changed the game to the extent it has done. Seats will just remain empty. Just feels like a lose-lose :shrug:

Exactly this. I don't really care about the money but seeing so many empty seats at every game is just damn right silly.

I've tracked the ticket sales for games this season as I was also interested to see when the exchange was open. Once they get down to the hard to sell areas of the ground they really hardly shift at all. If they opened the ticket exchange and put some prime spots on they would definitely sell more. Whether it makes any more money I don't know, but I doubt it's much worse than neutral. The key point though is it would fill many more seats. Don't understand why the club don't get this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few hundred more to be released, players tickets, comps etc. If this is the case then I can’t see the exchange opening this season except maybe Liverpool.
As noted earlier the hottest ticket this year will be Man United. I got my Mrs a ticket for the Arsenal game and her grateful response was "Why have you done that and not waited for when Ronaldo is playing?"...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Judging from this thread and others similar I wonder if that will hit ST renewals in March. We seem to have a fair few STH who assume the chance of exchange resales when they make the decision each year. Same with ticket sharing. We might have to finish top 6 minimum just to keep the crowds up !

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Exactly this. I don't really care about the money but seeing so many empty seats at every game is just damn right silly.

I've tracked the ticket sales for games this season as I was also interested to see when the exchange was open. Once they get down to the hard to sell areas of the ground they really hardly shift at all. If they opened the ticket exchange and put some prime spots on they would definitely sell more. Whether it makes any more money I don't know, but I doubt it's much worse than neutral. The key point though is it would fill many more seats. Don't understand why the club don't get this.

This really needs to be put to the club. I want bring my father in law but he won't pay £42 for a single ticket in some crap corner. If the ticket exchange was open, everyone is a winner.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost

Totally agree with this.

I bought my tickets a couple of weeks ago, and even then there were very few doubles available in my price range. I'm trying to encourage Ms PTB to come with me more, and I'm really hoping the seats I've ended up with in the East Lower right next to the away fans don't put her off for the future. We nearly didn't bother...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Judging from this thread and others similar I wonder if that will hit ST renewals in March. We seem to have a fair few STH who assume the chance of exchange resales when they make the decision each year. Same with ticket sharing. We might have to finish top 6 minimum just to keep the crowds up !

This is the problem I see.

It is genuinely harder for some to get to games this year, but the club has made it a lot harder for those people to move their tickets.

They won't have any data on this because if you gave your ticket to someone (easy when it was a card) they won't know whether the person going through the turnstile is the actual buyer. The number of empty seats in the ground talks to this as does the failure of the ticket exchange to open so far.

I had an email exchange with Paul Barber which touched on this concerning the parking issue. His response was that if I couldn't go, I could always put my ticket on the exchange......

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
somebody sits near me is unwell today and if he cant go his wife is going to drop his phone round tomorrow mid day. I intend to take a friend who I know could not afford a ticket. Right or wrong will make someone happy and much better than having an empty seat

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I am not sure why COVID had to change this arrangement. All it needs is you to be able to transfer(for free) to a nominated person on a friends and family list (without requirement for membership and associated costs) of course they still have to prove ID and they are COVID free but that probably would have seen my ticket go to someone. The only complication is mine is OAP rate so there might be some cost involved but even then why not just keep it simple.

In my case I am more than happy to explain to the club if required that I will not be attending games because my wife needs protecting as she has no/reduced immune system and that I am on only holding on to my season ticket this year because I hoping for better days. As it stands next March I won't be renewing to pay for a seat that will be empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports