Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will The Amex Credibility As A Gig Venue Be Sunk By Sunday Morning?

D

Deleted member 22389

Looking at a couple of photos that have been posted, it looked like a really good event. The Amex is becoming the place for events outside of football which is great for the club. People don't have the hassle of driving in to Brighton and the stadium is easily accesable with plenty of parking and good transport. It's all good for the club. It just shows what a new stadium can bring to the area.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Looking at a couple of photos that have been posted, it looked like a really good event. The Amex is becoming the place for events outside of football which is great for the club. People don't have the hassle of driving in to Brighton and the stadium is easily accesable with plenty of parking and good transport. It's all good for the club. It just shows what a new stadium can bring to the area.

Some of the photo's on FB posted by [MENTION=461]Mendoza[/MENTION] make it looks brilliant. Cannae wait!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Didn't go, but the Argus pix today of it look fantastic.
Empty stands; everyone on the pitch. I suppose it would have been given a capacity of c.40,000 IF ALLOWED to fill 3 stands & the pitch area, and could have run for the one night.

Looked great by the time of Carl Cox & FBS.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
saw a palace fan in west hospitality, must have been a depressing experience for him!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We've got a sloping pitch? Never knew that.
Actually, it was probably just the blue concrete bit and the artificial turf bit that sloped up to the edge of the pitch. Was hard to tell as it was all covered. Would make taking throw-ins interesting I would've thought. Don't think it was like this at the half way line so the whole pitch must slope away slightly from the half way line in each direction.

Actually, it was probably just the blue concrete bit and the artificial turf bit that sloped up to the edge of the pitch. Was hard to tell as it was all covered. Would make taking throw-ins interesting I would've thought. Don't think it was like this at the half way line so the whole pitch must slope away slightly from the half way line in each direction.

It does, from the centre spot towards each side. Gus specifically requested it be like that. They explained on the tour it's something to do with getting the ball out to the wingers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It does, from the centre spot towards each side. Gus specifically requested it be like that. They explained on the tour it's something to do with getting the ball out to the wingers.

The Old Trafford pitch is the same. If you lie on the side of the pitch it is really obvious. I was told it was for drainage reasons.

Jan 12, 2012

Are you sure? good transport links ? If the stadium capacity is increased further, they'll need to sort out the transport fiasco.

DavidWatts

Nov 12, 2011
Mid Sussex
Certainly didn't notice any exodus before the end.
The buses worked a hell of a lot better than usual. Loading was efficient and we got away without too much waiting. The buses only went as far as the Old Stein though, had to walk to the station but overall much less hassle than I anticipated.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are you sure? good transport links ? If the stadium capacity is increased further, they'll need to sort out the transport fiasco.

Ah. The mythical 'transport fiasco'. On balance, even with last nights stupid decision by Southern/BTP, The Amex seems to operate pretty well compared to other large venues.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Aside from the bar fiasco, last night was superb in every other way, anyone doubting the relevance of FBS was blown out of the water last night- he was 10x better then all of the other acts on the roster.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'd suggest it will.

There's something inherently dishonest about flogging two days worth of tickets for Fatboy Slim, then telling the punters at more or less the last moment 'oh, by the way, there's no trains back, we're shutting Falmer station (and Moulsecoomb for good measure) when you need it most, but your tickets will be valid on bus routes 25, 28 and 29 blah blah blah.'

How long before the same train bright spark gets the same bright idea of shutting Falmer station half an hour before the end of Albion evening games as the easy option?

All the flak that will be dished out by the Argus over the weekend will be fully deserved IMHO.

And I suggest it won't.

(unless of course I've missed reports of total and utter carnage resulting from thousands of revellers, half crazed with panic about getting home, throwing themselves at passing trains and cars or getting lost in the dark and wandering over the cliffs and into rivers and reservoirs?)

Still, you did a good job of whipping up lots of hysterical overreaction on this thread............

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And I suggest it won't.

(unless of course I've missed reports of total and utter carnage resulting from thousands of revellers, half crazed with panic about getting home, throwing themselves at passing trains and cars or getting lost in the dark and wandering over the cliffs and into rivers and reservoirs?)

Still, you did a good job of whipping up lots of hysterical overreaction on this thread............

Easy to be wise after the event. And who's to say that threads such as this one didn't apply a wee bit of extra pressure on them not to f*** up completely on the transport front. And fair play to them, they seem to have pulled it off. Maybe we'll all now benefit from some added bus options next season.

Maybe I should have whipped up lots of hysterical overreaction about the beer queues while I was at it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here