Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?

Will this Saturday be your first Premier League game?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 39.8%
  • Nope, I've been to other teams' games

Votes: 112 60.2%

• Total voters

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've been to Liverpool v Blackburn a few years back when my cousin had a ticket spare, and went to Palace V Burnley with a palace-supporting mate and it was possibly one of the worst games of football I've ever seen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fulham v Villa I was working in London. Saw Man U a couple of times early 90s as mate was a fan - not sure if PL or Div 1. Also Chelsea v Villa when Villa had a chance at the league - again, not sure if PL or Div 1.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Graham Taylor's Villa was 1990. They were pipped on the penultimate weekend by Liverpool who overtook them. I was on holiday in the North West and managed to see a First Division match at Anfield on the key Saturday. In those days you just queued for turnstiles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And paying £2,000 per s/t for the privilege!

Its a good point. Perhaps the patience wears a little thinner and the view a little more jaundiced when know you're paying the highest prices in Europe to watch an annual battle for 4th.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fulham v Villa I was working in London. Saw Man U a couple of times early 90s as mate was a fan - not sure if PL or Div 1. Also Chelsea v Villa when Villa had a chance at the league - again, not sure if PL or Div 1.

Just checked - both were PL.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The sense of entitlement there is incredible. Horrible atmosphere - its like the fans were just WAITING for something to moan about. Like having a stadium full of @BW 's.

This.
I've got many Gooners mates and they have p!ssed me off for years with their divine right to win everything.
I've been one game at the Emirates v Norwich and there home support is appalling.
Unfortunately due the change in the loyalty scheme this year it looks like I'll be watching the Albion with a mate in their end.
As a side note, Gooners TV is very entertaining with some of the sh!t dem Bluds come out with.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No. My work had a few hospitality season tickets at St Mary's for a few years, before Saints fell OUT of the Prem.

In fact I was there the day they got relegated, and also the day Matt Oakley pushed the linesman over (right in front of us).

Under the tenure of posh boy :wanker: Rupert Lowe. The Stains fans hated that bloke.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Graham Taylor's Villa was 1990. They were pipped on the penultimate weekend by Liverpool who overtook them. I was on holiday in the North West and managed to see a First Division match at Anfield on the key Saturday. In those days you just queued for turnstiles.
Nope. Big Fat Ron's claret and blue army. 92-93.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.
I've got many Gooners mates and they have p!ssed me off for years with their divine right to win everything.
I've been one game at the Emirates v Norwich and there home support is appalling.
Unfortunately due the change in the loyalty scheme this year it looks like I'll be watching the Albion with a mate in their end.
As a side note, Gooners TV is very entertaining with some of the sh!t dem Bluds come out with.

The youtube unofficial Gooners TV is amazing with a vast following. The two or three guys doing all that are brave (facing attacks and spitting from Wenger loyalists), honest and true working class football fans.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I went to Arsenal v Manchester City (with an Arsenal STH) in the first season of the premier league. Fireworks and that band that played Ebenezeer Good at HT. Thought it was all a bit American and never went again.. until now

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
They ended up 10 points behind Manure, with a huge GD difference.

What a year. Villa missed out on the title after losing at home to Oldham Athletic, who then stayed up at the expense of Crystal Palace. Norwich City meanwhile finished 3rd in the league with a negative goal difference.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its a good point. Perhaps the patience wears a little thinner and the view a little more jaundiced when know you're paying the highest prices in Europe to watch an annual battle for 4th.

11 years of that has understandably squeezed out die-hard fans who are less well paid / pensioners / unemployed / kids, to be replaced by middle and wealthy new football fans. Perhaps they want instant success as part of the consumption?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will Saturday be your first Premier League game?
Oo good question. I thought yes, but them remembered I watched Portsmouth against Arsenal when Henry was brilliant. I assume that was PL, so this will be my second game.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow.

What kind of fixture would it take for you to actually get excited about then ?

Well I joined in with the pitch invasion the last time we played Man Citeh. That was exciting :)

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I have been to two.. one was borrowing a friend's 2 x season ticket to Chelsea to take my son who at that age thought he was a Cheslea fan.. watched Chelsea cruise into something like a 4-1 lead against Fat Sam's Bolton, only to be pegged back and clung-on to win 4-3 .. was rooting for Bolton tbh, but had to keep quiet in the Shed!! The mood change and sheer anger when they started to struggle was very amusing!
The other was the kids football club trip to watch Charlton vs Villa at the Valley - very, very, very dull 0-0 . Never been to the Valley sober since!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here