Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I assume Sky will be showing Leeds Vs Forest that day rather than the game the world really want to see.

Well, obviously the world does want to see Leeds, who wouldn't? And somebody has to help them stave off the threat of administration again- why should they get their own books in order! But that's another story.

I'm sure the Best Fans In The World don't mind not being on TV, as we all know they will travel in their thousands to the other side of the globe on any given day to support their boys. After all: they are experienced at it, what with having Played In Europe so recently.

I don't know if you heard, but they played AGAINST AC MILAN you know.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:lolol:

It appears we'll be enviously looking up at them next season from down below in the darkest depths of the dungeon, with the likes of Whitehawk, Eastleigh and Fritzl for company.

And the worst thing is I don't feel in the slightest bit angry. Sad, yes. But it was clear very, very early on(before his appointment for many, myself included) that Richie Barker was not the man for the job and there's such an air of inevitability about our ineptitude under him that it's almost become comical.

1 goal in the last 6 games.
4 goals in 10 home games.
10 goals in 20 matches.
11 goals in his last 28 matches as manager.

He must surely rank as the worst manager in our history. I'm not old enough to remember Gregory or St.John, but as bad as Fenwick, Rix and Adams were, at least they occasionally managed to pull out a performance now and again. Barker's not even managed that. We've been dire in every single one of his games in charge, even those we've fluked a 1-0 in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PFC forum reports a confrontation between a Great Fan and Richie Barker following last night's game.

Word is that a Great Fan enquired of Barker what he felt about the result (I'm pretty sure it would have gone something like "I say, excuse me, Mr Barker, would you mind awfully answering a few questions that are currently tickling me regarding our predicament?").

Barker then tells him to **** off, to be met with further questions/abuse* and protests that the club are going down.

Barker: "Well, you've been relegated before".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Cue much fury on the Pompey forums and threats to "put him in the ****ing stand". The Bear just went up massively in my estimation.

*delete as applicable

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
PFC forum reports a confrontation between a Great Fan and Richie Barker following last night's game.

Word is that a Great Fan enquired of Barker what he felt about the result (I'm pretty sure it would have gone something like "I say, excuse me, Mr Barker, would you mind awfully answering a few questions that are currently tickling me regarding our predicament?").

Barker then tells him to **** off, to be met with further questions/abuse* and protests that the club are going down.

Barker: "Well, you've been relegated before".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Cue much fury on the Pompey forums and threats to "put him in the ****ing stand". The Bear just went up massively in my estimation.

*delete as applicable

Really? I thought a Pompey fan would say something along the lines of "give him a jolly good telling off"

What's great is that no matter how badly Northampton play, Pompey always seem to be able to match them or do worse.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Depending on what you're reading, Pompey are having an emergency board meeting this morning with a view to sacking Barker, they aren't having any meetings at all but are monitoring their options, or they have had a meeting but have given Barker a vote of confidence.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Depending on what you're reading, Pompey are having an emergency board meeting this morning with a view to sacking Barker, they aren't having any meetings at all but are monitoring their options, or they have had a meeting but have given Barker a vote of confidence.

I can't begin to imagine the pressure that comes with that job. As Pompey manager you don't report into the Chief Exec or Owner, you report to The Greatest Fans in the World. There is no higher honour.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't begin to imagine the pressure that comes with that job. As Pompey manager you don't report into the Chief Exec or Owner, you report to The Greatest Fans in the World. There is no higher honour.

They are the Twelfth, Thirteenth, Fourteenth AND Fifteenth man, such is their Greatness.

I've not actually read the threads, so there may be many more, but just on the titles alone, on the first three pages of the Pompey main forum, there are currently fifty two separate threads all calling for Barker to be fired :lolol:

Makes Oscar look positively lucky :)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The comments section of this article are jaw dropping. They really are several thousand miles above Mars somewhere!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/barker-defiant-over-pompey-future-1-5960068

Many aren't happy that Barker doesn't particularly care. He's going up in my estimation by the minute. Not only are they calling for Barker to go, some are actually calling for the Board to go!!! :O Yep, plenty of rich investors lining up along Fratton Road to throw their millions away.

One even wants Colin as a replacement for Barker! :eek: The Penny hasn't quite dropped for this individual I suspect? To trundle up from Cornwall each day, Colin would probably be looking for something slightly above minimum wage. The board probably can't afford to sack Barker anyway. Would take more than a collection around the Rifles club.

I propose for his role in the demise of Pompey this season, Richie Barker should have a place on the legends wall (or whatever its called?) at the Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just for a chuckle, I've been glancing at some 2013/14 season previews for League Two.

Danny Blakeley
01 August 2013 8:05am
Pompey will win it outright, with season ticket sales at almost 11,000, Sat's game with Oxford almost sold out, FP will be the most intimidating ground for teams to visit coupled with the the likes of Connelly & Agyemang up top they will fire us to the title ! PUP

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sad news. Their best player in recent weeks (admittedly this is probably as worthy an accolade as World's Slimmest Obese Person) has been recalled by Brentford from his loan spell.

Crushed :lolol:

#twats

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Edna, now come on enough is enough leave the best fans in the world alone. They don't deserve all of this from, little old Brighton!! There is no way the will go down the league or the Prime Minister won't allow it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Barker meeting with the board tonight, according to the News. Nooooooooooooo! Keep him! Barker IN!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The part Martin Hinshelwood is playing in his role as chief scout at this HUGE club should not be underestimated either. Recommending dross to bring in who will get you relegated is tricky to do without having your cover blown.

If questions are asked he should just blame Coppell. Payback for nicking his job all those years ago......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here