Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong here but this year was the last year of the parachute payments (which they pretty much had to give away anyway). Their income next year from tickets and club shop will be about the same as this year, sponsorship will be the same or less based on their expected position so when the do definitely stay up with no chance of going down, how will they fund their promotion push or do they have Sol Campbells image rights money still tucked up for a rainy day?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tonight:

Rochdale (top) v Portsmouth (22nd but CLEARLY safe)
Northampton (23rd and obviously DOOMED) v AFC Wimbledon (15th)

#twats

2 massive games - can we loan a few decent players out to Northampton for the run in?

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Northampton v Pompey on the 21st of April looks massive and could be a dicider.

Looking at the fixtures it looks like Portsmouth might have a slightly easier end to the season which is quite annoying

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
2 massive games - can we loan a few decent players out to Northampton for the run in?

Sadly no point - they've DEFINITELY left it too late and surely cannot catch Pompey now. Besides, the cobblers fans are FAR less passionate than those of the FACup wielding sleeping GIANTS.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sadly no point - they've DEFINITELY left it too late and surely cannot catch Pompey now. Besides, the cobblers fans are FAR less passionate than those of the FACup wielding sleeping GIANTS.

And they dont have the Best Fans In The World

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes yes they do, IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

It's pretty heartbreaking to be an Albion supporter down here in leafy Sussex, stuck about forty miles south of the Second Best Fans In The World, and just a bit further east of The Best Fans In The History Of The Universe, Bar None.

I feel so inadequate for our lack of a Bell, or in fact some blokes in black hoodies.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Then again I suppose Southampton have the same pressures.

We can all only aspire to be such Great Fans as those who reside in the Bell End. They've had such a Tough Time, you know- it's been several YEARS since they reached a Wembley cup final, twice.

They DESERVE BETTER on account of their Great-ness.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
They are the GREATEST FANS I have ever ever encountered, I sometimes lie awake wishing I was Portsmouth Supporter, but, you need to be very very SPECIAL to be allowed into that GANG OF GREATNESS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are the GREATEST FANS I have ever ever encountered, I sometimes lie awake wishing I was Portsmouth Supporter, but, you need to be very very SPECIAL to be allowed into that GANG OF GREATNESS.

I don't think shops are allowed to sell bells to mere AVERAGE fans like us :down:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Living in Worthing, when the wind is in the right quarter, I can even smell them, they're that great (or smelly).

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

They certainly do have the best fans in the world. And I distinctly remember thinking this a number of years ago walking up to Fratton park for a league match and dodging a hail of pint glasses popping on the road in front of me that were being luzzed from the railway and rifle club. And I still thought this just a charming gentleman with a black eye and torn t shirt punched me in the back of the head. Gawd bless em, fair makes your heart swell with pride

#twats
#bellends

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a shame they're playing in Lancashire tonight, not Yorkshire. I should have liked to have bumped into some of these Magnificent Supporters on the M1, so that I could ask how I may best emulate their Greatness.

A mere mortal amongst fans like me, heading to Sheffield on a Tuesday night, knows nothing of such things.

Stumpy Tim

They certainly do have the best fans in the world. And I distinctly remember thinking this a number of years ago walking up to Fratton park for a league match and dodging a hail of pint glasses popping on the road in front of me that we're being luzzed from the railway and rifle club. And I still thought this just a charming gentleman with a black eye and torn t shirt punched me in the back of the head. Gawd bless em, fair makes your heart swell with pride

#twats
#bellends

Make no mistake, that's a heart-warming tale of fan GREATNESS

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
May I make an official request as a moderator, that all references to the Greatest Fans In The World from here on in be in italics (or, at a push, upper case/bold), as I just don't think that fact can be stressed enough. Sort of a gesture of our respect. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here