Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tonight at Dagenham - Tiny club 0 MASSIVE club 0. I bet it was a feast of football.

#twats

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tonight at Dagenham - Tiny club 0 MASSIVE club 0. I bet it was a feast of football.

#twats

Putting the actual result aside though, what an absolute PRIVILEGE for little Dagenham tonight, to host THE Portsmouth FC and their GREAT fans.

Blessed. Utterly and truly BLESSED.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
#Twats and all that, but channel hopping I notice they have a pretty decent crowd (15,892) for their League 2 fixture versus AFC Wimbledon. Now I'm sure there must be some sort of mistake, but it would appear that their recent crowd averages have been equal to, or higher than, those our friends up the road in Norwood were able to muster in all but their promotion season when they were in the Championship.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
#Twats and all that, but channel hopping I notice they have a pretty decent crowd (15,892) for their League 2 fixture versus AFC Wimbledon. Now I'm sure there must be some sort of mistake, but it would appear that their recent crowd averages have been equal to, or higher than, those our friends up the road in Norwood were able to muster in all but their promotion season when they were in the Championship.

Just a shame that such a MASSIVE club can't play at Wembley to get all the Best Fans In The World into their games.

#Twats

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It hasn't been said for over half an hour.

so...

#TWATS

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Their current manager is as pleasant and charming a chap as a massive club such as Pampers deserves.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Shit, shit, shit and more shit! Every time this thread emerges I open it thinking they've finally gone down the pan (pun intended).
Always disappointed :(

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The 15,000 managed to sound like 1,500 the whole game, shameful.
Outplayed by Wimbledon embarrassingly & the extraordinary body monster that is Akinbiyi nearly stole if at the death

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just a shame that such a MASSIVE club can't play at Wembley to get all the Best Fans In The World into their games.

#Twats

But they would rather play at the magnificent cauldron of seething atmosphere that is Fratton Park, in front of the howling masses on the Bell End, even if it means that 50,000 of The Greatest Fans In The World are locked out.

#StillTwatsAfterAllTheseYears

Feb 14, 2010
Yes it's Brighton/Palace and Pompey/Saints but there always is something very old school about Brighton/Pompey. Great game and always like being in the same division as them. As such, whilst its been fun seeing them squirm (although remember they have been far luckier than we ever were), I'd like to see them rise the leagues again and be just a little bit worse than us. I know, burn me as a heretic. I'd never say that about palace, but its hard to respect a club who thinks that banging drums and turning up to watch Man U makes a great support.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just noticed that Lower League Pompey have loaned out Matt Tubbs to Eastleigh.

Apparently he's not been playing, and they were unwilling to loan him to another Fourth Division club, so Eastleigh (money to burn) jumped at the chance. They could be playing each other next August if the football Gods do the right thing and ensure LLP stay down for another season.

What interested me is that I've seen it mentioned various times re this that Tubbs is on £4,500 a week at Pompey. Four and a half thousand. A week. In League Two. At a club that- through their own shamelessly frivolous spending- went more spectacularly bust than any other in the English game.

Is it me or does that seem quite a lot?

#twats

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its a lot for someone you don't even PLAY.

#twats

It seemed strange that they weren't playing him in any case, I'd always thought he was very much a flat track bully in League Two, and scores for fun. Obviously they are too good for him. I wonder how much his replacement striker is on??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here