Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Will Moises Caicedo be a Brighton player when the transfer window SLAMS shut?

• Absolutely, certainly, definitely YES

Votes: 409 82.8%
  • NO 😭

Votes: 85 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interview with his agent published today...

A plague on all agents and all that ............... but TBF he didn't say anything unreasonable there. And no 'hidden clause' about an agreement to let him go in the summer, which is good.

Although if Arsenal come back in the summer waving £70M (and maybe a bit more) at us, it'll take a lot of resisting!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A plague on all agents and all that ............... but TBF he didn't say anything unreasonable there. And no 'hidden clause' about an agreement to let him go in the summer, which is good.

Although if Arsenal come back in the summer waving £70M (and maybe a bit more) at us, it'll take a lot of resisting!
You'd sign off a sale of Caicedo at £70m?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Read my words. I said it might take a lot of resisting. We are going to sell some players, some time, no matter how much some fans would like to keep the whole squad together, regardless of the cost.
I can't see both of our midfield diamonds leaving in one window though 🤞🏼

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The interview will be along the line of ‘yes he would join Arsenal’, ‘yes he was disappointed not to leave’, ‘will see what happens in the summer’. Cue Arsenal fans get themselves all excited about nothing that wasn’t know

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m not sure it will be. We had enough money in from transfers this current season that we have no need to sell.

I think it’d take 100m+ to sell Caicedo.
I don't mean pressure because we're skint. Pressure from clubs making repeated bids, turning players' heads, whispering in agents' ears. There'll be plenty of pressure, I'm absolutely sure!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was thinking about Caicedo and where he could go this summer earlier today. I came to the conclusion that there might not be many/any places to go.

Liverpool if the rumours are to be believed are keen on Ally Mac. If they do buy him we'll be under no need/desire to sell Caicedo so it'll take a huge(nine figure) sum to get him. Which rules Liverpool out.

As far as I'm aware Arsenal are big on Rice who would cost them 100m or so. If they buy Rice they're not buying Caicedo. I reckon they'll be linked a lot with him this summer but I suspect it'll be more to smoke out the Rice deal.

Man City don't really need him and so probably wouldn't pay the price we're after.

Man Utd are going to spend most of their money on a striker, presumably Kane. Will they have 100m knocking about for Caicedo when they already have Casemiro?

Spurs? Not a chance.

Chelsea have the money, probably the need but the sheer basket case nature of the club and their lack of European football should encourage Caicedo to think another year with us is a better option.

That leaves Newcastle? Undoubtedly they have money to spend but will they go that big on midfield when there are other positions they need?

On top of that there will be several quality midfielders available for far less. Mount will be about half the price of Caicedo, Kovacic less than that and Tielemens will be on a free. Then there are all the possible options from across Europe. Will Man utd go back for De Jong for example?

It might just be me being hopeful and unrealistic but right now my logic feels fairly sensible. To me at least!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't see both of our midfield diamonds leaving in one window though 🤞🏼

Mac A’s obviously off, the media noise isn’t dispelled.

So it boils down to a club willing to meet a huge price for Caicedo and whether he pushes to leave for the second time. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he’s still with us come 2nd Sept.

So many centre midfields need an injection of youth, ball winning and quality. Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs for example. He’s better than their current no.6 or. no.4 type players.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think a big part of not selling him in Jan and getting him onto a new contract will have been some kind of promise that if a decent offer comes in then they’d let him go with their best wishes. I can’t imagine him accepting a new deal otherwise.

It’s pretty clear to me he and Mac are both looking to move on and we know that we don’t stand in their way. So if a bid comes in that’s acceptable, they’ll both be off.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’m still hopeful they will both stay if we qualify for Europe. Ali Mac appears to be the leader of the SA youngsters and why not, WC winner and all that. Time is on their side after all and they appear, to me, incredibly bonded as a group. These are good times for them as well as us and they may want to see how far they can take this club. I hope so anyway.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m not sure it will be. We had enough money in from transfers this current season that we have no need to sell.

I think it’d take 100m+ to sell Caicedo.
I agree. £100m does put Bloom and the club under pressure. That’d probably do it but it won’t be Liverpool (signing Mac instead), Arsenal (buying Rice, can’t afford Moises), Chelsea (FFP) or Spuds (too expensive) bidding. I think we have a chance of keeping him unless Manure steam in with the funds - hopefully their potential buyout will stop that.

So come September, I think he is ours for another season!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was thinking about Caicedo and where he could go this summer earlier today. I came to the conclusion that there might not be many/any places to go.

Liverpool if the rumours are to be believed are keen on Ally Mac. If they do buy him we'll be under no need/desire to sell Caicedo so it'll take a huge(nine figure) sum to get him. Which rules Liverpool out.

As far as I'm aware Arsenal are big on Rice who would cost them 100m or so. If they buy Rice they're not buying Caicedo. I reckon they'll be linked a lot with him this summer but I suspect it'll be more to smoke out the Rice deal.

Man City don't really need him and so probably wouldn't pay the price we're after.

Man Utd are going to spend most of their money on a striker, presumably Kane. Will they have 100m knocking about for Caicedo when they already have Casemiro?

Spurs? Not a chance.

Chelsea have the money, probably the need but the sheer basket case nature of the club and their lack of European football should encourage Caicedo to think another year with us is a better option.

That leaves Newcastle? Undoubtedly they have money to spend but will they go that big on midfield when there are other positions they need?

On top of that there will be several quality midfielders available for far less. Mount will be about half the price of Caicedo, Kovacic less than that and Tielemens will be on a free. Then there are all the possible options from across Europe. Will Man utd go back for De Jong for example?

It might just be me being hopeful and unrealistic but right now my logic feels fairly sensible. To me at least!
And I completely agree with your line of logic.

Lots of people on here assuming Moises and Alexis are the only two midfielders going to be sold this window. In reality the possible destination clubs will have a "cluster" policy. I bet our two centre mids are on the cluster list of about 15 clubs in the UK and Europe, of which only 5 to 8 could realistically stump up the sort of money that would make TB think it's in the clubs interests to sell.

And out of those 5 to 8. Let's call it 6, no more than about half will spend big on a midfielder, as you say other clubs are likely spending big on other positions, or are having to deal with FFP restrictions. So I reckon 3 clubs to worry about. But there are more than 3 midfielders in the £50m+ bracket, arguably there are about 8. Some of those will be at clubs who have more need and motivation to sell than we do.

And to me, the biggest reason I'm hopeful about us keeping our stars is the De Zerbi factor. This guy isn't coming across to me like he's going to supinely sit by and let the squad be picked apart.

I'm sure i'll get comments about selling being the Brighton model. Well yes, but times, they are a changing. I predict we will sell no first team players this summer, irrespective of European qualification*.

*OK, no big money sales of Moises Mac etc. We might sell Sanchez and Veltman etc

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£100million and Martinelli and I would think about it

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fact is Mac is going. Unquestionably. And seems Liverpool is realistically his destination.
Bloom won't sell Moises for £70 million, and I doubt he'd even consider less than £100 million. Arsenal and Liverpool won't pay that, even though he's worth it IMHO.
I'd be surprised if we sold him this summer, but wouldn't be surprised if he went in January, especially if we have a poor season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here