Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will LuaLua ever become our Bolasie?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
KLL is of course the better player. Reason for this is he plays for BHA and 60million Bolassssie plays for CPFC 2010 :thumbsup:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Lua Lua won't 'become' anything because he lacks any footballing intelligence.

A bit of raw talent? Certainly. Yes, good to come on for half an hour against a tiring full back but to compare to bolasie is laughable.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You never know what the future holds but I'll go with "probably not". Lua Lua is fast and direct, but oh so predictable. He never uses his pace as much as he could either, which could be confidence but the amount of time we break from defence, the ball gets to Lua Lua who bursts out of defence and then stops on the half way line with only a 6ft 4 lumbering oaf in front of him before falling over is too many to count.

I want the old, ballsy Lua Lua back and as a bit part player, I'm not optimistic he'll have the confidence to return.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Small mercies, the ability to kick with both feet is a rare thing currently. Running into space would be a bonus.
Playing him central would make use of his unpredictability (can go either way) and nearer to goal and his runs could be more productive. A few dummies to shoot would help and many of his shots are blocked.

Alas, Baldock is not a Zaha. That's the problem.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never the same player since that broken ankle against Hartlepool.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bolasie carved us a new one in that 3-0 drubbing at Selhurst, and made Bruno look very, very silly in the process.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Very frustrating player as a manager you would have to think are his two outstanding performances a season worth a place in the squad?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Am i right in thinking he played wide right at Newcastle and it was Poyet who put him on left?
To me he just hasnt progressed over the last four seasons, is that just down to his injuries and limited starts?

Yes, I believe this is the case and that he is right footed. I would love to see him given a run on the right wing.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
I watched bolasie when he was playing for plymouth early in his career, he was so erratic, he would beat three players and then totally miskick the ball,I don't think he even knew what he was going to do. He has developed and I suspect with good coaching into a good premiership player. Lualua has that raw talent,needs a direction to go, using his strengths, he is quick over short distances but most of his runs with the ball start from a standstill where he has to beat the player first and often gets fouled. I would like to see him making runs into space beyond defenders onto the ball, either to the dead ball line or. Into shooting positions, he should target double figures in goals next season, and at least 20 assists. This not a natural movement for Kaz, so he will need to work on it in training , short darting runs instead of runs towards the ball.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Unless he's played on the wing Kaz is, for the most part, ineffectual. His greatest asset is his pace; playing him in a packed centre circle isn't going to allow us to exploit this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bolasie carved us a new one in that 3-0 drubbing at Selhurst, and made Bruno look very, very silly in the process.

Sort of helped that he was playing against 10 men, and our defence had been so decimated by injuries that Calde had to play centre-half and Bridcutt left-back. Don't deny that he is a very good player. Whenever I've seen Palace on telly he looks far more effective than Zaha.

KLL would probably play better in tandom with another proper winger.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Both explosive, direct wingers, roughly the same age, build and height, both from DR Congo (although this is slightly irrelevant). Both played in the lower leagues, Bolasie much more so. On their day, you could argue that both are match winners.

Just wondered whether, at the higher level, Kaz could ever become our Bolasie and really, really start tearing opponents new bottoms.

If not, why? Is he just, bottom line, not good enough or is our coaching not bringing out his best?
What do you think :lolol: tbh we are still waiting for your lad to get us :clap:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Sort of helped that he was playing against 10 men, and our defence had been so decimated by injuries that Calde had to play centre-half and Bridcutt left-back. Don't deny that he is a very good player. Whenever I've seen Palace on telly he looks far more effective than Zaha.
I've always rated bolasie as better than Zaha. Much more exciting to watch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Unless he's played on the wing Kaz is, for the most part, ineffectual. His greatest asset is his pace; playing him in a packed centre circle isn't going to allow us to exploit this.

He's ineffectual full stop :thumbsup:

Never the same player since that broken ankle against Hartlepool.

I wondered about that but wasn't it the case that these were League One defenders?

Kaz has had plenty of good games since then and I was disappointed he wasn't picked more often - I can't say that now as he's genuinely looked out of form over the past few months

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've always rated bolasie as better than Zaha. Much more exciting to watch.
I have . Yannick is explosive so strong and he really works at his game . I'm just hope we can keep him abit longer but £60 m will be hard to turn down :wink:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I have . Yannick is explosive so strong and he really works at his game . I'm just hope we can keep him abit longer but £60 m will be hard to turn down :wink:

The way Rodgers done business in the past, I wouldn't be surprised. Even £15m with addons would be great business.

Not sure what to make of Zaha. Tons of hype, but never lives up to it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The way Rodgers done business in the past, I wouldn't be surprised. Even £15m with addons would be great business.

Not sure what to make of Zaha. Tons of hype, but never lives up to it.
He will come good .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here