Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Kayal play a starring role in the rest of our season?

What role will Kayal play?

• He will be a HUGE player for us-back in ASAP and will play whenever fit.

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • He'll be a help, but subject to rotation. Stephens, Sidwell and Norwood will be just as important

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Injury could bring him back below his best-Not sure he will have as great an impact as the rest will

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sidwell and Norwood have played their part and have been excellent back-up, but Kayal is arguably our best player.. It will be like signing a brilliant new player in the January transfer window,

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
He'll be immense when fit and straight back in! Better than all other central midfielders when at the top of his game!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most football pundits and also some of his teammates but then you are such a pedantic p..t that nothing would be true in your eyes even if you saw it yourself. Many said it should have been Stephens for the work he did but Kayal took the limelight.

Many people did BG. You are correct, especially amongst the groups you mention. Not me I might add. I thought Bruno should have got POTS last year

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Norwood has a incredible passing range and it keeps getting better game by game , as much as i'm happy Kayal is back in contention i don't think he is a cert to start the next league game by any means , what a headache to have for the manager , lovely .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is a valuable member of our squad who according to experts was wrongly voted POTS by suppotters. The same supporters will continue to support him and vote for him as MOM and in so doing he will contribute to our promotion.

Which experts said that?

Most football pundits and also some of his teammates but then you are such a pedantic p..t that nothing would be true in your eyes even if you saw it yourself. Many said it should have been Stephens for the work he did but Kayal took the limelight.

Care to name them? I can't recall one, and only remember unanimous praise for Kayla.

Many people did BG. You are correct, especially amongst the groups you mention. Not me I might add. I thought Bruno should have got POTS last year

Nobody is being pedantic BG but I thought exactly the same after reading your post. Didn't hear any team-mates say this and don't know why 'most pundits' or come to think of it any pundits would comment on an in-club POTS award?! Really don't get what you mean here. Kayal was mustard last season and I still feel is one of our, if not our best / most important players FWIW.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nobody is being pedantic BG but I thought exactly the same after reading your post.
It was a genuine question, I don't know what experts said that. Many of us voted Bruno as we thought it could be his last season with us and he'd given everything and been special, but we know Kayal was our best player. But I slate BG all the time, so I thought it only fair he have a pop at me :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a genuine question, I don't know what experts said that. Many of us voted Bruno as we thought it could be his last season with us and he'd given everything and been special, but we know Kayal was our best player. But I slate BG all the time, so I thought it only fair he have a pop at me :)

Fans were not mentioned in his explanation. He said 'most pundits' & 'some team mates' yet 3 of us already on this thread hadn't heard of any pundits or team-mates saying such things? I think he deliberately says things to get a reaction.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He can see that the team is coping well without him and know that he will have to fight for his place back.
This I hope will spur him on to improve even more and be a better player than before, so that his place in the side will be cemented for the future.
This can only be good for us.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Nobody is being pedantic BG but I thought exactly the same after reading your post. Didn't hear any team-mates say this and don't know why 'most pundits' or come to think of it any pundits would comment on an in-club POTS award?! Really don't get what you mean here. Kayal was mustard last season and I still feel is one of our, if not our best / most important players FWIW.

He's not wrong here, it was mentioned by a couple of players, Bruno and Rosenior I believe but don't hold me to it, that Stephens was the players player of the season.

Some random pundits chiming in also.

Kayal is a fan's favourite there's no doubt because he can drive us forward whereas Stephens drops deeper. They were both as good as each other in their respective roles in my opinion.

Somebody mentioned Norwood's passing range (and he is our best distributor of the ball no doubt), but both BK and DS are pretty good at spreading play also and have other faculties which he does not. They were the best partnership we had last season and since then we have strengthened in other areas. We may need to reunite them in the upcoming fixtures and I personally hope we do. With Kayal back we have an embarassment of riches in CM at the moment which can only be a good thing for the run-in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not wrong here, it was mentioned by a couple of players, Bruno and Rosenior I believe but don't hold me to it, that Stephens was the players player of the season.
Saying that their personal choice would have been Stephens is not the same as saying the fans got it wrong. Regardless, I simply asked BG who said it, nothing more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saying that their personal choice would have been Stephens is not the same as saying the fans got it wrong. Regardless, I simply asked BG who said it, nothing more.
Surely POTS doesn't have to be a unanimous decision.........I thought this would be decided by a majority. If it had to be unanimous, there would probably never be a POTS.
Just because some people voted for a different outcome, that doesn't mean the majority got it wrong (shades of another NSC discussion here - can't quite remember what that was all about!)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
He is a valuable member of our squad who according to experts was wrongly voted POTS by suppotters. The same supporters will continue to support him and vote for him as MOM and in so doing he will contribute to our promotion.

So to get voted POTS you have to have a bunch of fans suppotting you?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think Knockaert and players like March, Skalak etc will be all he better off for having Kayal back in the line up.

His passing skills from out of the midfield are far better than anyone else we have at opening up the play for our wide players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Which experts said that?

I can remember Calde saying Stephens was his player of the season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Knockaert and players like March, Skalak etc will be all he better off for having Kayal back in the line up.

His passing skills from out of the midfield are far better than anyone else we have at opening up the play for our wide players.

I am a big fan of Kayal - He creates better angles for the defenders an midfielders to play the ball out of defence and through the middle of the midfield. The downside to Kayal is that he is more difficult to control and make him stick to a rigid position that he is told to play. By that I mean he is often pushing too far forward which leaves you vulnerable to the counter attack.

I suppose I cant have it both ways. I want to see defences opened up through the middle but I want to be solid defensively as well. It's great to watch Beram and the Manager from the sidelines. You see him getting told to get back to cover his man and him asking can I go forward for things like throw ins and corners.

His enthusiasm is great to have in the team, I love it but I don't think it is a coincidence that the defence has been a little bit more solid with players like Sidwell and Ollie being more willing to stick to their more instructed rigid positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here