Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hyypia ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'd would think that given there's a ton of squad rebuilding to be done if the club believe he is surplus to requirements then it doesn't make sense for Hyypia to challenge that 5 minutes after walking through the door.

I daresay the club are also mindful how the Spanish Dave situation didn't really work out after the contract issue was left to drift.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Orlandi was so good that the opposition had to put three men on him. Kaz usually gets just the two.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If his injuries are likely to continue, then I'm in complete agreement. But if the nature of the injuries are that he's likely to be fit for most of the season, then I'd certainly want him back.

With hindsight, it was a mistake playing him in the last few games, as he wasn't able to get back to speed. but we were desperate. rn.

Not desperate enough to play a fit Lopez in his best position for more than 15 minutes thou

Sandradee

Apr 16, 2014
9u7e6a4e.jpg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can't see this attraction with some, to bring back a player that was injured for 90% of last season and when he did finally pitch up for the last four games showed nothing of any note. And before people say that he was probably rusty and not up to speed, if that was the case what on earth was he doing on the pitch in such vital games? Bringing Orlandi back in when he did last season, is still a mystery to me. It didn't make any sense what so ever and only served to weaken a side which was quite settled....We don't need or want people like Orlandi draining wages out of the budget while they contribute next to nothing.

Harsh but pretty fair. He might get fit next year and take the division by storm but I'd still argue with the evidence we have at this moment in time, this is the right decision. We've had a good half season from him in 2 years - 25% isn't good enough.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I got the impression that Sami likes to counter with pace and I'm not sure Orlandi fits in with that. Personally I think it would be nice to have Orlandi back, mainly to keep my neice happy.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Given that injuries were constantly being used by both club and supporters as the reason why we weren't (apparently) matching the previous season's levels of achievement, surely it's time to move on and let the new manager (hopefully) bring in new players who will keep fit for the bulk of the season. Orlandi has gone and if it means that Buckley and Bruno go as well, so be it.

Looks like the club are still insisting Jones stays as first team coach....

How do you know that? Hyppia met him, presumably talked to him at some length, what makes you think the club insisted he stays? Maybe Hyppia decided it would be a good idea and would provide continuity and knowledge of the club and players. I would have thought that a good decision.

That doesn't mean the club insisted.

Agree. They were unlucky, but on a reduced finite budget, we can't afford to carry too many passengers.

Why do you think we have a reduced budget? I'm sure this hasn't been announced?

Perhaps a more pertinent question, why do some people on here seem to need to assume the worst about the way the club is run? I have no inside information, like 99% of people on this board, but I for one trust the current set up to do what they think is right for the club, even if I don't always agree.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
How do you know that? Hyppia met him, presumably talked to him at some length, what makes you think the club insisted he stays? Maybe Hyppia decided it would be a good idea and would provide continuity and knowledge of the club and players. I would have thought that a good decision.

That doesn't mean the club insisted.

Somewhere in one of the articles on the OS it does say that SH wants NJ, not that he was forced into it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Looks like the club are still insisting Jones stays as first team coach....

They are not - as has already been intimated below. sami has said he is keen to keep Jones on as a link to what has gobe before.

Very sensible, and I don't personally have a problem with that. He is a highly regarded coach in his own right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here