Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughton continue to play the loan players?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
As opposed to Kaz, who is fit, and just runs into dead ends, fails to get a good final ball in. The way he slows down to stop, then tries to beat 3 players is frustrating. 1 trick pony.

Incidentally, a shot hitting the bar is more than Kaz has done in a LONG time

I agree with the first part of your post but I'm not sure how a guy mishitting a shot into the ground that loops over the keeper to hit the bar can be used as evidence of the relative values of Carayol over Kaz.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As opposed to Kaz, who is fit, and just runs into dead ends, fails to get a good final ball in. The way he slows down to stop, then tries to beat 3 players is frustrating. 1 trick pony.

Incidentally, a shot hitting the bar is more than Kaz has done in a LONG time

I must have imagined the Derby goal a month ago then........

Also, to be fair on KLL he has started only 1 game under Hughton, and had a knee injury that kept him out of the squad for 2 months, so that may account for your "LONG time".

In terms of comparison, I fail to see how one shot on to the bar and little else is a meaningful comparison. Carayol, particularly in the second half, failed to deliver the ball on several occasions, most notably when he ran the ball out of play just before he was subbed (he probably forgot to look up).

The fact as you correctly point out, that KLL has 3 players around him must give you some indication of how other teams view him.

For me, Carayol is just another desperate loan signing, who quite clearly is no better than what we have already.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I hate seeing us playing very average loan players instead of players that our are own.

That's why Best is getting such a hard time.

Loan players are okay if they add something to the team but if they are just been played instead of true Brighton players with no obvious benefit then it really is frustrating.

Best should never play, Carayol is arguably no better than Kaz.

Exactly my point. Are any of the current lot actually adding to the team or are they limiting the playing time of our own players and the development of some of our DS players for whom experience on the bench would be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here