Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Chris get 'better' offers?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Less worried about Leicester. Despite their recent achievements, they aren't significantly different to us as a club.

Everton could be an interesting one though, certainly. You'd have to think he'd seriously consider an opportunity to go there should it arise.

Don't know CH personally but from what I have seen he strikes me was somone who is loyal hardworking and honest and expects that from those around him and having been previously poorly treated by one of the so called big clubs finds everything about Brighton to his liking as such I think he's going nowhere other than up the table with the Albion

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ffs, one minute players and manager aren't good enough, the next minute they're too good for us. Chill out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I just can’t see him being tempted by West Ham, Leicester or Everton, he really has one of the best manager jobs in football.

Did anyone hear Bloom’s after match interview last night? You really couldn’t work for a better, more sensible, supportive and realistic owner and Hughton knows that.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
The most likely opportunity to entice him would be England Manager. Lets hope Southgate has a good World Cup!

I honestly believe he will be the next England manager, whenever that opportunity next comes up. He’s the perfect profile for the FA and a damn good manager too. Based on him being shafted by Newcastle and Norwich when doing a great job for them I genuinely believe he’d be happy to stick with the Albion all the time we remain in the Premier League based on his relationship with TB - until the FA come calling.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I go back to a conversation I had with his daughter Aisha in the West Lower after full time in the Derby v Huddersfield game on Easter Monday last year. I asked her would be tempted to take The Republic of Ireland job if it became vacant, as he'd played for them. She said:

1. He has no interest in international football management.
2. He and his family love it at Albion. She said she hoped her Dad could 'build a dynasty here.' Her word - 'dynasty'.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He won't go anywhere. He will not find a better chairman anywhere, he knows he is onto a good thing and can build a dynasty here. In footballing terms, this is his job for life. Why on earth would he leave?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I go back to a conversation I had with his daughter Aisha in the West Lower after full time in the Derby v Huddersfield game on Easter Monday last year. I asked her would be tempted to take The Republic of Ireland job if it became vacant, as he'd played for them. She said:

2. He and his family love it at Albion. She said she hoped her Dad could 'build a dynasty here.' Her word - 'dynasty'.

Just waiting for you to pop up with that one :thumbsup:

larus

That story is sooooo last year :wink:.

Although CH is not old, he’s not young. He’s seen first hand how clubs treat mangers (Newcastle & Norwich) and, it appears, he has a very good relationship with TB. He will know he’s onto a good thing here, and yes, other jobs may be more lucrative, but that may not be a major factor for him.

We have state of the art training facilities.
He has a development squad, of which some will eventually make their way into contention for the first team.
The set-up of the club seems excellent. Recruitment, Chief Exec, Owner.
No pressure to make money.
If we have a bad season and get relegated, I can’t see TB firing him.

Look at the politics which happen at so many clubs - would you choose that over Little Old Brighton? :lol;

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
World Cup Year, if Engerland crash and burn again....highly likely....expect a change there and Mr H may be one name discussed

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That story is sooooo last year :wink:.

Although CH is not old, he’s not young. He’s seen first hand how clubs treat mangers (Newcastle & Norwich) and, it appears, he has a very good relationship with TB. He will know he’s onto a good thing here, and yes, other jobs may be more lucrative, but that may not be a major factor for him.

We have state of the art training facilities.
He has a development squad, of which some will eventually make their way into contention for the first team.
The set-up of the club seems excellent. Recruitment, Chief Exec, Owner.
No pressure to make money.
If we have a bad season and get relegated, I can’t see TB firing him.

Look at the politics which happen at so many clubs - would you choose that over Little Old Brighton? :lol;

I agree with you and he turns 60 this year. He (and his family :lolol: ) know football and as you say we're a very settled, stable and growing club, without the pressures you'd get elsewhere and frankly the potential of the facilities and development squad haven't even really been scratched yet.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
As long as we stay where we are he won't go anywhere.. unless Ireland or Tottenham come knocking

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
no chance old enough and wise enough to know better-------------both ch and tb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here