Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Bobby Charlton be at The Amex on Friday?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
People slagging Southgate clearly aren't watching us play.

Not true in my case. I gave him a chance, got very bored of relentlessly monotonous qualifier performances (granted effective but tbh our U23s would do ok against some of the teams) and then for any friendly against anyone half decent we retreat into a safety first don’t get beaten mentality and it’s dull.

Tournament football is about being brave and being good enough when it counts, two traits I can’t give to Southgate until I have some evidence to the contrary. Very happy to be proven wrong come the summer but it’s unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not true in my case. I gave him a chance, got very bored of relentlessly monotonous qualifier performances (granted effective but tbh our U23s would do ok against some of the teams) and then for any friendly against anyone half decent we retreat into a safety first don’t get beaten mentality and it’s dull.

Tournament football is about being brave and being good enough when it counts, two traits I can’t give to Southgate until I have some evidence to the contrary. Very happy to be proven wrong come the summer but it’s unlikely.

your just doing the classic thing that all knockers do. Lumping all previous England teams and set ups in with this one .

We wont do much this world cup as we haven't an abundance of world class players but I bet we do better than expected.

What Southgate is doing is what should of continued under Hoddle . He has clear direction and is not shoe horning in players.

Its not about just this tournament as it has been for all other managers.

OPen your eyes a bit at whats happening International level with us.

Don't join the arm chair knockers because its fashionable.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
your just doing the classic thing that all knockers do. Lumping all previous England teams and set ups in with this one .

We wont do much this world cup as we haven't an abundance of world class players but I bet we do better than expected.

What Southgate is doing is what should of continued under Hoddle . He has clear direction and is not shoe horning in players.

Its not about just this tournament as it has been for all other managers.

OPen your eyes a bit at whats happening International level with us.

Don't join the arm chair knockers because its fashionable.

I hear what you’re saying but this isn’t a knee jerk reaction that has led to me joining some hipster “let’s knock England” movement or without considering the product in its entirety.

International football doesn’t excite me, doesn’t interest me and I’m not prepared to invest my valuable time on it anymore and hasn’t for about the last 20 years.

As I’ve said before Wembley will always be full because kids who don’t know any better and haven’t previously been disappointed want to go and drag their parent or guardian to take them because it’s still a magical thing in their eyes. Good luck to them. I genuinely hope they get something good out of it.

I bet if the FA released statistics on things such as supporter demographics or unique ticket purchase histories then you’d see a huge wane in interest to the historical supporter base as people grew tired of the overpaid underperforming mega stars and are yet to be enticed back by either strong tournament showings (chortle) or scintillating fast attacking football (chortle).

I see what I see, you see what you do. Football without opinions would be so dull wouldn’t it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here