Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Big Sam walk away from WBA ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Apparently he's on a £10m bonus if he keeps them up. They've signed a couple of players who look like they will have an impact. Will it be enough? I doubt it. I hope not. I like WBA, I cannot stomach Fat Sam

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently he's on a £10m bonus if he keeps them up. They've signed a couple of players who look like they will have an impact. Will it be enough? I doubt it. I hope not. I like WBA, I cannot stomach Fat Sam

Isn't WB for sale? You can imagine if they have PL status £10m is money well spent, seems unlikely though its not impossible. Would need 1.6 pts per game...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This is just magical thinking from WBA fans. Dan Ashworth left WBA in 2012 at which point GP was only in his second year at Ostersund having just gained promotion from the Swedish 4th division. Can you imagine the meltdown amongst the fans if a Swedish 3rd Division coach was appointed to Premier Legaue WBA?

I still read GP as Gus Poyet!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ok, I'll bite, who is little Sam ?

attachment.php

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
In the past Sam has been pretty astute at guaging clubs chances of survival. He knew this was a tough ask and odds against survival, which suggests that the temptation of one last good payday was too much for him. Take the money and run. He won't be getting the CV out again, so one blot at the end is irrelevant. His legacy was tarnished by the England fiasco, so he isn't protecting anything cherished.

It may even be in his contract that he can walk away when they are mathematically down thus not being the manager when they are relegated

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It may even be in his contract that he can walk away when they are mathematically down thus not being the manager when they are relegated

And how much credibility would that actually carry with any future employer ?

"I've never been relegated from the Premier League"
"Yes Sam, but then in your time at West Br...."

"......we'll let you know".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I still read GP as Gus Poyet!

Same :thumbsup:

On BFS, the only caveat for now is that he took a long time to get going at Palace, I think- lost a string of games at the start and had fans questioning him. But then turned it around.

Seems less likely at WBA as they have a much weaker squad, but you never know.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
And how much credibility would that actually carry with any future employer ?

star-struck_1f929.png

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:

Sussex Hopburner

Sep 19, 2019
Agree totally, one of our group is a WBA supporter through family but brought his kids up as Brighton fans, he couldn't believe he was appointed, and can't even bring himself to watch games now !!
I'm in a similar place..I have a soft spot for WBA since growing up in the 80's when the mother of all dinosaurs Big Ron was Manager. An older lad across the road supported them and I started to watch out for their results..great side.. Regis, Robson etc. However since BFS replaced Bilic, and actually when Darren Moore was replaced, I lost a lot of respect and love for the side. I'll just give them one Boing and thank my stars we have the side and chairman that we do..UTBHA (for clarify)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here