Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilko Johnson

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Not my kind of guitar music , but when I heard him talking, on the Paul Jones show referred to in the o/p , he came across as one hell of a bloke who you really liked. He put up a tremendous fight with cancer and his attitude at the beginning has influenced me.
I know there will be many on here with personal memories of his gigs…… I also say RIP Wilko

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
This is really crap news. Saw him in Worthing in April this year and he was fantastic for an hour before he collapsed. They were shouting for an ambulance and it sounded so bad.
But then saw him at St.Peters Church a few weeks later and he and Norm were brilliant that night along with a superb drummer on both occasions, Dylan Howe.
RIP Wilko

Saw him several times in various dubious venues such as the Tunnel Club by the Blackwall Tunnel. Last saw him play at the far more salubrious De La Warr Pavillion at the beginning of this year and I believe a further tour had been scheduled .

A Unique guitar talent, wish I had seen the "..Feelgoods......" live.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
RIP Wilko

Saw him a few times over the years, notably supporting ID& Blockheads in 1990 at the Brixton Accademy, a great night. The Feelgoods were great in their mid late 70's pomp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here