Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Algie I think DK will want us to be in the championship by the time Falmer is built, that would boost st sales massively, I suppose the ideal scenario for the board is

2007/2008 - Div 1
2008/2009 - Div 1
2009/2010 - Div 1, promoted
2010/2011 - Championship

The only way to achieve that is for the board to loosen the purse strings more.Some of the clubs in this division we cannot compete with in terms of money and wages.I would love to see us in the championship with Falmer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 7
Won 3 - 43%
Drawn 0
Lost 4 - 57%
For 9
Against 9

Wilkins O'Meter for season 7 ( down from 8 )

Dean is doing ok this season. We are 6th in the league, we have been served up some decent football at home with 3 wins and 8 goals and 110 minutes of excellent football against Nothampton and Millwall, he has added some decent new players with Championship credentials and the youngsters have a renewed team spirit and desire to win. I was not there yesterday and a loss is dissapointing but I would much rather we win and home and lose away than the other way round. After the dire last 12 home games last season, this season has been a refreshing change and I see no reason why Deano should go at this stage. Just one thing he does need to get out of the comfy seats with the directors and get in the dug out and direct things imho.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only way to achieve that is for the board to loosen the purse strings more.Some of the clubs in this division we cannot compete with in terms of money and wages.

How can you say that when DK said at the start of the season that promotion was our aim and that DW had the budget that was comparable with any teams in the division to achieve that.

To answer US and ideal situation would be:

07/08 Play Offs
08/09 Promoted
00/10 Consolidate in championship
10/11 Top 8 of The championship....................................

Then see if the ST sell at Falmerabove our hard core support of 5,000

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 8
Won 3 - 37.5%
Drawn 0
Lost 5 - 62.5%
For 10
Against 11

Wilkins O'Meter for season 4 ( down from 7 )

This was back to the shite we served last season. We cannot expect to get anything out of a game when we play so poorly for 65 minutes. Why is it when we managed to get a goal, Whing and Elphick turn to the crown trying to pump them up, they need to look long and hard in the mirror tonight and look closer to home than the crowd. What a difference to the Millwall game, we were world beaters then and would win the league on that form, today the players apart from Savage did not turn up, we looked relegation fodder again today. WILKINS FOR FUCKS SAKE GET YOUR LAZY ARSE OUT OF THE DIRECTORS BOX AND GET ON THE TOUCH LINE AND DUG OUT AND DIRECT AND INSTRUCT YOUR PLAYERS, IF NOT, f*** RIGHT OFF. Its no good Chapman having to take the disgruntled crowds comments, Wilkins stop bottling it. The new guy looked woeful and Forster is extremely dissapointing with 2 goals from 8 games. Hammond today was shocking and my 73 year old Dad who has bad athritis could have better than Hammond did with that chance in the first half. Having said that the instruction this season is not to go down and Wilkins will probably still manage that, its just a non season and we all have to accept that, Dick and the board and Wilkins just don't expect the crowd to be more than 5000 all season.

Michael Fish

Sep 26, 2006
Played 8
Won 3 - 37.5%
Drawn 0
Lost 5 - 62.5%
For 10
Against 11

Wilkins O'Meter for season 4 ( down from 7 )

This was back to the shite we served last season. We cannot expect to get anything out of a game when we play so poorly for 65 minutes. Why is it when we managed to get a goal, Whing and Elphick turn to the crown trying to pump them up, they need to look long and hard in the mirror tonight and look closer to home than the crowd. What a difference to the Millwall game, we were world beaters then and would win the league on that form, today the players apart from Savage did not turn up, we looked relegation fodder again today. WILKINS FOR FUCKS SAKE GET YOUR LAZY ARSE OUT OF THE DIRECTORS BOX AND GET ON THE TOUCH LINE AND DUG OUT AND DIRECT AND INSTRUCT YOUR PLAYERS, IF NOT, f*** RIGHT OFF. Its no good Chapman having to take the disgruntled crowds comments, Wilkins stop bottling it. The new guy looked woeful and Forster is extremely dissapointing with 2 goals from 8 games. Hammond today was shocking and my 73 year old Dad who has bad athritis could have better than Hammond did with that chance in the first half. Having said that the instruction this season is not to go down and Wilkins will probably still manage that, its just a non season and we all have to accept that, Dick and the board and Wilkins just don't expect the crowd to be more than 5000 all season.

How do you know the the instuction is to not go down , agree with the rest

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will not go down as Knight would not allow it, 20th will do this season as far as the board are concerned however

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
How do you know the the instuction is to not go down , agree with the rest

I,d have thought the instruction was "for God,s sake don,t get promoted....I can,t afford it.........and I don,t want someone like the Golds or ANYONE ELSE taking over MY club."

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the plan is not to go up this season as you say its too soon and would mean investment to keep us up for 2 years before Falmer. Therefore I predict we will end up 17th

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
it depends on how many more fans they are prepared to lose we need to be somewhat successful to keep us above 4500

I agree totally with you. It,s a fine line DK has to tread.He wants some success to fill Withdean....maybe another play-off Final, but I,m not sure he could take the stress of it all going WRONG and us actually WINNING a place in the Championship.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 9
Won 3 - 33%
Drawn 1 - 11%
Lost 5 - 56%
For 10
Against 11

Wilkins O'Meter 5 ( up from 4 )

Not much to say, a reasonable point at Swansea but nothing much to write home about, it looks like this side is destined to be mid table or just below, whether your happy with that is up to you, I still maintain there is a lot of talent here and another manager could get a lot more out of it but Wilkins is keeping the ship in clear waters, just do not expect the crowds to come back this season, Bournemouth will be a good yardstick, bottom of the league, we really must get 3 points. Forster needs to score now or be dropped, 2 goals in 9 games and 8 games out of 9 without scoring is not good enough, try Elder. All rather average really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yorkie , all games, Cardiff , lost 0-1, remember

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure Wilkins would regard the 1st round paint pot trophy bye as a win but I am not

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am adding

Points predictor - 57
Position predictor - 17th

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
no we lost

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 10
Won 4 - 40%
Drawn 1 - 10%
Lost 5 - 50%
For 12
Against 11

Points Predictor for season 66
Position predictor 10th
Forster league goals predictor 10

A great result in the Jekyll and Hyde season of this club. Consistancy is needed but 4 wins from 9 league games is not too bad and the defence looks solid. Forster continues to concern greatly and is he really undroppable ?, I would drop Forster to the reserves for a while and play Elder. It looks like we will have enough in this squad to avoid any relegation sweats.

Wilkins O'Meter for season 6 ( up from 5 )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here