Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I support Wilkins and I think he is doing a good job.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 26
Won 12
Drawn 7
Lost 7

For 37
Against 25

Points predictor for season 70
Poisition predictor for season 8th
Forster league goals predictor for season 17

Wilkins O'Meter 8 ( up from 7 )

2 defeats in 18 and 9 games unbeaten away from home. Well done Dean and the lads on a great result today.

If we could only replicate our away form at home I suspect a top 6 should be easily achievable.

Home wins over Christmas against the Gills and Cherries respectfully would cheer us all up even more. Then it will be a case of what sort of squad he has and whether Georgy boy and Bas are still with us.

Let's hope so :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 27
Won 12
Drawn 7
Lost 8
For 37
Against 28

Points predictor for season 65
Position predictor for season 11th
Forster league goals predictor 17

Wilkin's O'Meter 7 ( down from 8 )

A bad day at the office but the first away defeat in 10 games and 3 in 18 in all games. Ok the run is largely down to inferior cup opposition and draws as our league from is consistantly mid table. This is where we are as a club mid table and will end up around the middle. This is to be expected this season as it was never the intention to go up and Wilkin's " I want us to win the league " is a pipe dream.

We play quite well sometimes, average other times and woeful on a few occassions. Expect this trend to continue. Dick is a superb chairman and I am behind him all the way. I expect us to make more of a push next season but only really go for it the season before Falmer is completed.

Accept this is a work in progress , days like yesterday will be easier to take.

Played 27
Won 12
Drawn 7
Lost 8
For 37
Against 28

Points predictor for season 65
Position predictor for season 11th

Wilkin's O'Meter 7 ( down from 8 )

A bad day at the office but the first away defeat in 10 games and 3 in 18 in all games. Ok the run is largely down to inferior cup opposition and draws as our league from is consistantly mid table. This is where we are as a club mid table and will end up around the middle. This is to be expected this season as it was never the intention to go up and Wilkin's " I want us to win the league " is a pipe dream.

We play quite well sometimes, average other times and woeful on a few occassions. Expect this trend to continue. Dick is a superb chairman and I am behind him all the way. I expect us to make more of a push next season but only really go for it the season before Falmer is completed.

Accept this is a work in progress , days like yesterday will be easier to take.

:clap:
Good post. To think that we are doing quite well, and on a good run could make the playoffs, may be pipedream material...but it IS fact that we are a mere 4 points away from the playoff spots (with a home-match-v-Gillingham in hand).

We are as good as our league position suggests - not running the division, but maintaining a competitive position and could possibly turn things around... in either direction.

I personally do not expect us to beat Yeovil, so the gloomy-doom soothsayers could have a field-day to start the New Year off with!

For those who KEEP THE FAITH, this might be a tiresome week to endure, but the bottom line is that ALBION will live through it, and we are behind the club and the team, for 2008.

Sea gulls. Yes indeed, Seagulls.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After last season being comfortable mid table (with maybe a flirt with a play off spot) should be regarded as progress.

However lets get to 50 points FIRST and then take anything else as a bonus.

Jimmy Grimble

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 28
Won 12
Drawn 7
Lost 9
For 30
Against 30

Point predictor for season 62
Position predictor for season 14th

Wilkin's O'Meter for season 6.5 ( down from 7 )

We are where we are and its not suprise. We will end up around mid table or just below. Accept this and stop moaning. It was never the plan to go up this season so please stop all this ridiculous talk of the play off's. We are not good enough by a long way. We will improve next season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For 38
Against 30

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 29
Won 13
Drawn 7
Lost 9
For 41
Against 32

Points predictor for season 64
Position predictor for season 12th
Forster league goals predictor 16

Wilkins O'Meter 7 ( up from 6.5 )

The game was very very poor in terms of quality of football but it was entertaining in a park football sort of way. Revell grasped his chance and Forster looked different Gravy. The defence were very poor however and the midfield lightweight.

We are an average 3rd division side, thats it. Under the circumstances we are doing well to achieve that and Wilkins is having a steady season without pulling up any trees.

I am confident we will make a concerted push to the Championship in season 2009/2010 but do not believe it is in the plan before that. This means the crowds will be around 5000 for the next 2 and a half seasons and the directors will have to subsidise the club further.

We have some ok players but in reality none of the present squad would be taken by a championship side.

If we finish around 10th this season I will be happy. If we finish between 7th and ninth I will be even happier!!

If we finish 3rd - 6th and don't make Wembley people on here will moan like f***

If we make Wembley and lose the final people will still moan.

If we make Wembley and win the final people on here will moan we will be relegated next season.

The moral of the story - setle for 10th and anything else is a pleasant bonus :jester:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes Alan

By the way Happy New Year, I will be purchasing some goods from your shop later this month.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 30
won 13
Drawn 7
Lost 10
For 42
Against 34

Points predictor for season 64
Position predictor for season 12th
Forster league goals predictor 16

Wilkin's O'Meter 6 ( down from 7 )

I think yesterday will prove to be the lowest of low points for the season. People were posting threads on here saying , who do you want in round 4 ? such as AID. I did politely point out " did I miss us beating Mansfield ? and warned against this arrogance and assuming Mansfield would travel 300 miles to roll over. However we should have beaten the team 91st in the league without an away win all season and the bookies gave them 15/2 to win and Brighton 1/3.

Dick Knight was furious and I wonder with performances so poor and wasting an opportunity for a £ 250000 pay day in Round 4 if this will not have a big back lash against Wilkins. We will probably be dumped out of the paint pot Tuesday so the season will be a rollercoaster of whether we will end up 10th, 12th or 14th with crowds struggling to break 5000. The season for any excitement effectively ended yesterday and we have too many big time Charlie's in this club who have over inflated opinions of their limited abilities.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 32
Won 13
Drawn 8
Lost 11
For 43
Against 36

Points predictor for season 62
Position predictor for season 13th
Forster league goals predictor 14

Wilkin's O'Meter 7 ( up from 6 )

A great point. Wilkin's did very well in his team selection, subs and motivation. We have a great chance to beat Huddersfield to get in the shake up. Lets try and keep the season alive.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 33
Won 13
Drawn 9
Lost 11
For 44
Against 37

Points predictor for season 61
Position predictir for season 14th
Forster league goals predictor 13

Wilkin's O'Meter 6.5 ( down from 7 )

It was a dire game between two poor sides and more entertainment would be found counting pebbles on the Beach.

That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here