Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just a reminder that Wilder ducked Wlad when he'd had almost double the amount of fights as AJ had when he went in the ring with him. The disrespect for AJ is bizarre.

Silly comparison.

I know Wilder ducked him. But Klitschko was a busted flush when Joshua fought him. It was a gamble worth taking, especially in front of a baying partisan crowd.

None of Fury’s biggest performances have been in the UK. With the exception of Randolph Turpin, the all time great performances by British boxers have been in opponents backyards. Stracey, Honeyghan, Buchanan. What happened when Joshua went to MSG?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This is the position all of us Brits should be in, amazing that we have 2 fighters holding all of the belts!

So we should all like AJ just because hes British. No doubt he has ability but I personally dont like the way hes marketed.
That's like saying we should all support palace if they got into europe because they're a British team

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am a fan of both Fury and AJ.

Am I in a minority? I find it really odd if I am.

I watched both of the Froch v Groves fights as fans of both and still loved it.

No, I’m a fan of both too. Patriotic, I’m proud of their successes. I don’t get sucked into the spiteful binary choice thing some do, thinking you have to dislike one of them.

I was a huge Froch fan throughout, Grove annoyed me with his incessant trash talking about the champ, he eventually paid a KO price. He gained humility after that and resurrected his career.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its jealousy, the British have a strange trait of disliking successful people and particularly sportspeople.

If we can't criticise their sporting achievements then we have a go at their personal lives, as long as we can find a flaw somewhere.

I suppose it makes people feel better about themselves.

This.

I’ve known spiteful haters of, variously:

Mansell
Damien Hill
Botham (when playing)
Hamilton
Andy Murray
Joshua
Fury
Steve Davis
Gazza (pre crimes)
Prince Nassim Hamed
Wiggins
Cavendish
Faldo

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As much as I like AJ, he has been somewhat fortunate over the years.

I went to the first round of the Olympic competition in 2012, when he was put live on Olympic Grandstand at 9pm, many in the arena thought he lost that night, but still got the decision.

In the final, many said if the final had been anywhere else than London he'd have lost.

He was out on his feet against Wlad at Wembley, but the 39 year old couldn't finish him off.

Eddie Hearn makes him money but on the flipside does him no favours either, as he's got to be one of the most hated men in Boxing now by his demeanour and actions, AJ is almost guilty by association.

From being written off so many times, Frank Warren is now at the head of the table of boxing, as I previously said I believe Pulev will step aside, Bob Arum will sort that out in a heartbeat, and Fury will fight AJ this summer, either at Spurs or possibly Old Trafford.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
So we should all like AJ just because hes British. No doubt he has ability but I personally dont like the way hes marketed.
That's like saying we should all support palace if they got into europe because they're a British team

We have 30 plus years of animosity and history with palace, completely different than not supporting a Brit because 'you don't like the way that they are marketed', which sounds a bit pathetic to be honest!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have 30 plus years of animosity and history with palace, completely different than not supporting a Brit because 'you don't like the way that they are marketed', which sounds a bit pathetic to be honest!

This.

Not liking Hearn’s marketing, should never extrapolate into I can’t stand Joshua. Cognitive issues to be able to make that astonishing leap.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
As much as I like AJ, he has been somewhat fortunate over the years.

I went to the first round of the Olympic competition in 2012, when he was put live on Olympic Grandstand at 9pm, many in the arena thought he lost that night, but still got the decision.

In the final, many said if the final had been anywhere else than London he'd have lost.

He was out on his feet against Wlad at Wembley, but the 39 year old couldn't finish him off.

Eddie Hearn makes him money but on the flipside does him no favours either, as he's got to be one of the most hated men in Boxing now by his demeanour and actions, AJ is almost guilty by association.

From being written off so many times, Frank Warren is now at the head of the table of boxing, as I previously said I believe Pulev will step aside, Bob Arum will sort that out in a heartbeat, and Fury will fight AJ this summer, either at Spurs or possibly Old Trafford.

You can't be serious about Frank Warren, Top Rank and Bob Arum call the shots with Fury which is why all of his recent fights have been in the US. Warren is a minor player now and has lost all of his top level fighters most recently Warrington. Overall his stable now is terrible.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fair comment. Before tonight I always thought Wilder or Fury would both turn AJ over. The right fight out there is AJ v Fury to unify but I fear A j will try to dodge it

you may pan me for this but i see an AJ v Fury unification bout in Vegas........possibly in July during the Euros. There is too much potential shenanigans around this fight , should it go ahead. Imagine the carnage in the crowd if these two English heroes were to go to war on home soil.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
You can't be serious about Frank Warren, Top Rank and Bob Arum call the shots with Fury which is why all of his recent fights have been in the US. Warren is a minor player now and has lost all of his top level fighters most recently Warrington. Overall his stable now is terrible.

Mark my words, Warren will play a huge part in Fury vs AJ. He's also got Dubois, who could possibly be Fury's successor at the top of the pile, who they will probably put on the undercard as the Chief support bout.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am a fan of both Fury and AJ.

Am I in a minority? I find it really odd if I am.

I watched both of the Froch v Groves fights as fans of both and still loved it.

This is the position all of us Brits should be in, amazing that we have 2 fighters holding all of the belts!

No, I’m a fan of both too. Patriotic, I’m proud of their successes. I don’t get sucked into the spiteful binary choice thing some do, thinking you have to dislike one of them.

I was a huge Froch fan throughout, Grove annoyed me with his incessant trash talking about the champ, he eventually paid a KO price. He gained humility after that and resurrected his career.

Of course they are both British fighters and I'd back either against a Yank (or other non Brit). I've been in AJ's corner on here a lot because I feel he gets a lot of unfair stick thanks to Hearn. He's a good pro who makes the most of himself.

I was in Walkabout with a load of mates watching Fury v Klitschko and cheering Tyson on but a lot of the things he did since wound me up and were the opposite of a good pro. I saw him as throwing his talent away and some of the stuff he came out with would have had NSC going in to overdrive if Boris or Trump had said it.

To be fair, since then,a lot of stuff has come out about Fury's mental state and his comeback has been incredible. I wanted him to win on Sunday morning and I'm glad he did. I really hope he does fight AJ next. I will be marginally on AJ's side but it's negligable. I'll still want Fury to go on and own that title for a good long time if he wins and if it's the Fury who boxed Klitschko and Wilder he should do.
[MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] raised a good point about the two as well. In general Fury is more interesting but AJ's preparation against Ruiz the second time showed what a good pro he can be. I suppose there is a Brighton player analogy in there. Shane Duffy has said some controversial things and got himself regularly in the tabloids. It's interesting but because I want my team to win I'd rather have eleven who prepared like Bruno. There are a few footballers who, of course, were flawed geniuses and amazing to watch because of it. Best, Gazza and Robin Friday spring to mind. But of those only Gazza really fulfilled his potential and he's been a tragic case ever since he stopped playing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Other than the WBC heavyweight champ.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Other than the WBC heavyweight champ.

My point is that when Fury signed the contract with Top Rank, Warren became a minor partner almost just an advisor. Case in point BT even had to bid for Wilder vs Fury 2, they didn't automatically get the fight even thought Warren has a broadcaster deal with BT.

Warren on his own doesn't have the clout to secure big fights for his fighters and has to partner up. Thats why all his big name fighters have joined other promoters, Warrington and Saunders being the most recent examples.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My point is that when Fury signed the contract with Top Rank, Warren became a minor partner almost just an advisor. Case in point BT even had to bid for Wilder vs Fury 2, they didn't automatically get the fight even thought Warren has a broadcaster deal with BT.

Warren on his own doesn't have the clout to secure big fights for his fighters and has to partner up. Thats why all his big name fighters have joined other promoters, Warrington and Saunders being the most recent examples.

Natural evolution.

I remember when Warren was the new kid, upsetting the cozy UK cartel of Barrett-Duff-Astaire-Levene-Lawless.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Natural evolution.

I remember when Warren was the new kid, upsetting the cozy UK cartel of Barrett-Duff-Astaire-Levene-Lawless.

I like Frank.
At 67 years old, and with a ton of cash, he still seems so personally motivated to see off Eddie Hearn.
It’s sad that his stable is depleted. It doesn’t feel like fury is his man, anymore, in the same way that Joshua is hearn’s.
Rumours are Dubois will go if he beats Joyce.
A lack of competition between promoters is bad news for customers.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No argument about it. Fury is so much better it will be a very one-sided fight.

Joshua has no lateral movement, poor footwork and crap stamina.

Part of my dislike of AJ is due to Eddie Hearn but also the fake persona he gives off. Too polished and media trained. Whilst I don’t always agree with what Fury says it’s refreshing in our sanitised world to hear someone who basically doesn’t give a ****.

Did you watch the AJ v Ruiz 2 fight? I can only assume you missed the entire thing if you're saying he has no lateral movement, footwork or stamina. I'd suggest watching that and coming back to us.

Silly comparison.

I know Wilder ducked him. But Klitschko was a busted flush when Joshua fought him. It was a gamble worth taking, especially in front of a baying partisan crowd.

None of Fury’s biggest performances have been in the UK. With the exception of Randolph Turpin, the all time great performances by British boxers have been in opponents backyards. Stracey, Honeyghan, Buchanan. What happened when Joshua went to MSG?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am surprised you think that, I thought Wlad was in excellent shape in the AJ fight and for him to take it at only 18 fights was a massive gamble against a man who had ran the HW division for nearly a decade. By the way, that Wlad that lost to AJ beats present day Whyte and Wilder. Joshua lost in MSG, then he went to Saudi (which I hated btw) and won while providing a boxing lesson when everyone told me he was a bum of a boxer.

I am a huge fan of both Fury and AJ, and want to see the fight so badly. The dislike of AJ is still very suspect, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here