Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really don’t want to see Fury v Wilder 3 the division needs to move on and put the fight on the fans want to see.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A few years ago on here everyone except me was saying he was useless, David Price would KO him, David Haye would knock him spark out and he had no chance against the Klit.
Now I notice they are all jumping on the Fury bandwagon, should have been here with me from the start

I've always been team Fury so yours wasnt a lone voice

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At light weights you could have a point, but heavyweights hit really bloody hard and lasting damage is probably a case of when, not if. He was never going to turn the fight around, might as well try and save the man.

Lighter weights are also vulnerable, with a less strong skull. Johnny Owen RIP and others died in this vain. The punches of pro boxers at all weights have been measured at devastating rates of power.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lighter weights are also vulnerable, with a less strong skull. Johnny Owen RIP and others died in this vain. The punches of pro boxers at all weights have been measured at devastating rates of power.
How does the health compare between retired boxers of the various weight classes?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
why would his cortner throw in the towell in the biggest fight of his career even if as happened he was getting beat.

Because he was getting badly beaten and was going to get hurt - they were looking after him, as they are supposed to do.

Of course he wanted to carry on, pride and adrenaline are great motivators, but the corner took the absolute correct decision.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How does the health compare between retired boxers of the various weight classes?

Many seem in a bad way of all weights, for their age. Waiting for the fight, I looked up good boxers from the past and how are they now. Not good reading. I can’t help but always having enjoyed watching boxing, I don’t want it banned, but it is brutal. The featherweight McGuigan also killed an opponent.

I would suspect that BMA or Lancet type research papers would simply find that the sport causes brutal damage per se.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hands down the best I have seen Tyson fight.

You just knew he was going to change his style after sacking Davidson, but wow...

Tyson Vs Joshua for undisputed would have the attention of the world, simply the biggest fight of the decade.

This is why I love boxing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, fingers crossed this happens with no stupid wrangling over cash. It's the fight we all want to see. I really think boxing needs more of this mega fights. When the heavyweight scene is healthy and exciting it seems to cascade down the divisions.

In some ways boxing has been in the doldrums particularly in the UK so this fight would be great. Personally I was watching more MMA but even that is now suffering due to the Connor McGregor/ Ronda Rousey love in from the UFC.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Yes, fingers crossed this happens with no stupid wrangling over cash. It's the fight we all want to see. I really think boxing needs more of this mega fights. When the heavyweight scene is healthy and exciting it seems to cascade down the divisions.

In some ways boxing has been in the doldrums particularly in the UK so this fight would be great. Personally I was watching more MMA but even that is now suffering due to the Connor McGregor/ Ronda Rousey love in from the UFC.
The purse for AJ/Tyson should be simple - 50/50 split.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Wowsers, what a performance. Sensational.

I really hope there isn't a third fight, there's just no need. A 60% Fury took Wilder to school in the first fight, out boxing him pretty much for every second of the fight. Now a 100% Fury has battered Wilder from pillar to post. The pillow fisted fighter badly beat up the 'baddest' man in the division, the knock out artist gets knocked out.

So what's the point of a third fight? What's to be gained? Please just get it on with AJ.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wowsers, what a performance. Sensational.

I really hope there isn't a third fight, there's just no need. A 60% Fury took Wilder to school in the first fight, out boxing him pretty much for every second of the fight. Now a 100% Fury has battered Wilder from pillar to post. The pillow fisted fighter badly beat up the 'baddest' man in the division, the knock out artist gets knocked out.

So what's the point of a third fight? What's to be gained? Please just get it on with AJ.

I’m not sure Joshua is much.

The hype would be massive but Joshua is very much a manufactured boxer who’s had it all laid on for him. Fury really has done it the hard way against Klitschko and Wilder.

If he can do that Wilder, goodness knows what he’d do to Joshua.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I’m not sure Joshua is much.

The hype would be massive but Joshua is very much a manufactured boxer who’s had it all laid on for him. Fury really has done it the hard way against Klitschko and Wilder.

If he can do that Wilder, goodness knows what he’d do to Joshua.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't really matter. It'd be an amazing event. Two British heavyweights fighting to be the undisputed champion. And I'm confident Joshua would put up more of a fight than Wilder.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just watched a re run of the fight. Not only did Wilder have the nasty ear injury, he was also spitting out blood in between rounds. Not sure I would like to see another fight.
The extra weight seemed to benefit Fury's punching power, and seemed to just slow down Wilder.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because he was getting badly beaten and was going to get hurt - they were looking after him, as they are supposed to do.

Of course he wanted to carry on, pride and adrenaline are great motivators, but the corner took the absolute correct decision.

I am not disputing that the corner took the correct decisioin to safeguard him but always seems a lttle shallow when a fighter throws in the towell. I would have preferred the ref to have stepped in earlier when he was obviouslybu in trouble. Fury will be too much for AJ if they fight but the problem will be money as having 4 belts I would assume AJ will want the lions share of the fee.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was just watching the fight on Youtube and I got to the 6th round before realising I was watching a replay of their first fight. :lolol:

I'll try again...............

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I am not disputing that the corner took the correct decisioin to safeguard him but always seems a lttle shallow when a fighter throws in the towell. I would have preferred the ref to have stepped in earlier when he was obviouslybu in trouble. Fury will be too much for AJ if they fight but the problem will be money as having 4 belts I would assume AJ will want the lions share of the fee.

The fighter didnt throw in the towel. His corner did

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here