[Albion] Wilder vs Fury predictions

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wilder will try and open up the 42 stitches cut near Tysons eye, Tyson knows any fighter worth his salt will aim for the cut and therefore will have to either one stop him doing that for 12 rounds, which he won't be able to do or actually go for the knock out, and i think he will go for that early assault and prevail within five rounds.

But what do I know, I know jack about football, and less about boxing.

But you do have great personal insight and the power of reflection. A skill set that isn't usually required on an internet forum :bowdown::rolleyes: :lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wilder will try and open up the 42 stitches cut near Tysons eye, Tyson knows any fighter worth his salt will aim for the cut and therefore will have to either one stop him doing that for 12 rounds, which he won't be able to do or actually go for the knock out, and i think he will go for that early assault and prevail within five rounds.

But what do I know, I know jack about football, and less about boxing.

You’ve identified that the cut could well be the deciding factor in the fight, so you know a bit.
Wilder will do everything he can to open it up - elbows, hair braids , the lot. Expect dirty tricks.
Also, not much has been made of fury’s crap performance in his last fight. He had no power.
Maybe he has addressed that with change of trainer, but Based on that performance don’t presume the best possible version of fury will step into the ring on Saturday.
My heart says a super strong fury will spark him out.
My prediction is a wilder win by stoppage with fury covered in his own blood.
Both of them are very likeable and a credit to the sport.
I like to think that beyond the aggressive hype and marketing they are great mates.

Last edited:

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Cant see either of them changing their styles at all, new trainer for a few weeks or not.

If Fury can keep him at range, he gets the decision.

Was Fury even caught clean last time, or was he moving backwards when he got dropped, never taking the full force of the punch?

Cunningham stuck him on his arse.
John McDermott troubled him first time round
Chisora first fight wasnt that impressive

He looked shed loads better in the second fight of all of the above.

If Wilder catches him early, Wilder KO.

So draw, to setup the third pay day $? Due to dodgy Judging.......

Fence arse splinters.

Alarm clock set.

War Fury

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m not fishing. I am just going by reports that have caught me eye.

I'd be interested to see which publication you read this in?

Fury's last two opponents have both been rated in the world's top 10 heavyweights, in his last fight against Otto Wallin he sustained a horrendous cut in the third round and managed to outbox his opponent over the 12 round distance and won an emphatic points decision.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Fury to win , judges to give it Wilder.

My old Dad used to say that to win in the States you've got to knock the guy out as points decisions will always go the other way. I don't know if this is still true but it was Dad's perception when he passed on this nugget of wisdom when I was a nipper, probably early 1960's. Mind you, a lot of his nuggets of wisdom have subsequently proved to be utter crap!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Hopefully Fury in better shape and bit bigger to keep upright. If he does he wins as miles better boxer. Would love to see him KO Wilder late on so my money Fury KO 11th

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Going to be a very good fight. Annoyingly I'm running Brighton Half in the wind and rain the next day and am up at about 6.30am so I can pack and collect a mate beforehand so I've not ordered it live. What are my chances of totally avoiding the result and getting a re-run shown on Sunday night? Eff all I should imagine :rant:

Wilder on points for me.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The fact that most people thought that Fury should have got a points decision last time, means the judges will probably be leaning towards him this time if it goes the distance.
A few years ago Lennox Lewis was robbed in a draw decision against Evander Holyfield. In the rematch they gave him the decision even though the 2nd fight was a lot closer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Logically you'd think it would be Fury. He clearly wasn't at peak ability - how could he be after all that time out and all the troubles he'd had? Yet he out boxed Wilder from first bell to last. Wilder is meant to be the big punching knock out artist and only needs one opportunity to land cleanly and win the fight. He did it twice against Fury and Fury got back up both times and promptly gave Wilder a working over. So if that's what happened with Fury at 60-70% you've got to assume that it's Fury's fight to lose.

But...

the cut worries me. As does the fact that know he's secured the huge money deal has he achieved what he set out to do with his comeback? If he's not focused he'll get hit. Get hit enough he loses. And then there's the Ricky Hatton issue. Hatton loved a beer and a pie between fights, his weight constantly ballooning. You can't maintain elite level sporting prowess for long living like that. Eventually it catches up with you and eventully it will catch up with Fury.

I really, really hope he wins. He's been very likeable since his return and Wilder comes across as a deluded dumb arse that talks utter shit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whatever the result, the real winners are the PPV companies and the promoters. I'm already geared up for Fury/Wilder 3 :catfight:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm praying Fury brings his absolute A game and manages to box Wilders ears off making him look silly in the process. However, I'm absolutely bricking it that the cut reopens horribly or he drops his concentration for a second and gets caught by Wilders sledgehammer and its lights out. The most intriguing heavyweight fight in my living memory, a total clash of styles and any eventuality except a Wilder points win easily possible. COME ON TYSON!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd be interested to see which publication you read this in?

Fury's last two opponents have both been rated in the world's top 10 heavyweights, in his last fight against Otto Wallin he sustained a horrendous cut in the third round and managed to outbox his opponent over the 12 round distance and won an emphatic points decision.

It’s bits and pieces from a few sources which I have added up to my conclusion. I also recently read he’s been partying a bit and his camp hasnt gone well? Wilder seems a lot more focused?

I know little about boxing though.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Had money on the draw first time around, dont think that will happen this time. Not a clue to be honest but not one for fence sitting. Wilder in the 8th.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It’s bits and pieces from a few sources which I have added up to my conclusion. I also recently read he’s been partying a bit and his camp hasnt gone well? Wilder seems a lot more focused?

I know little about boxing though.

He hasn’t been partying at all and by all accounts has had the purest camp of his life with a nutritionist controlling every single thing he’s eaten, he’s only drunk water for 8 weeks even ditching his known addiction to Diet Coke. With regard to previous fights he’s always looked average against lesser opposition mostly because he finds those fights so easy although the cut last time caused big unexpected problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports