Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
First team to win the cup and go down in the same season (me thinks)... beats our 1983 effort.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Never underestimate the underdog!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
First team to win the cup and go down in the same season (me thinks)... beats our 1983 effort.

They are not down yet. If I was a Geordie, I'd be very worried.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great result and well done Wigan oh and collect your P45 Mancini

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Well done Wigan - the better team all the way through the FA Cup Final even before they had a man advantage!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can't stand Whelan - but his team thoroughly deserved that today. City's big-time charlies were absolutely pathetic.

Taxi for Mancini.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can stand armchair fans who somehow feel that the Premier Leagues' purity is affected by small clubs who just survive each season.

I'd rather watch them everyday than fantasy soccer ball teams brought together by a billionaire's small change.

The magic of the cup alive today although some would rather see it dead. Sorry if it interrupted any ones soccer season'

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, I forgot for some reason you hate them. What's your beef with them Elephant?

I hate everything about the club. I liked them when they went up initially, it was a nice story. Not any more. They have been lucky year on year (apart from when Bruce was the manager and they were a good team) and, frankly, I am sick of Dave Whelan being paraded around.

Their FA Cup run involved two tough games. A 5 minute spell settled it at Everton and a red card and poor marking from a corner settled the final. Just goes to prove it is FAR better to be lucky than gifted.

Congratulations Wigan on winning the FA Cup. Now get relegated and let's not hear from you again.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Enjoyed that much more than I thought I would

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can stand armchair fans who somehow feel that the Premier Leagues' purity is affected by small clubs who just survive each season.

I'd rather watch them everyday than fantasy soccer ball teams brought together by a billionaire's small change.

The magic of the cup alive today although some would rather see it dead. Sorry if it interrupted any ones soccer season'

You probably wouldn't say that if some geezer came blew a billion on us as they have City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here