Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan v Charlton TONIGHT live

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is hardly likely to say that they were the only club to offer him a contract or reasonable wages is he.

Seeing as you couldn't be bothered to read the link I gave you, let me help you out.

Charlton Athletic have signed former Burnley and Bolton winger Chris Eagles on a deal until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old former Manchester United trainee was a free agent after his short-term deal with Blackpool expired last month.
"I've had a great feeling about being here, it's a massive club," he said.
"I'm over the moon to be here and as soon as I knew Charlton wanted to sign me it didn't matter what they offered me. I just wanted to be here.

That's slightly over the top for someone who's only got one club making an offer.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I just need to get this out of my system, sorry.

GRAMMAR! For crying out loud... GRAMMAR!

Some of you must talk like idiots if you talk the way you write.

And rest.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is hardly likely to say that they were the only club to offer him a contract or reasonable wages is he.

All players come out with the same spiel when signing on loan for a club , they want to cover all the bases. If we signed Messi on loan until the end of the season he would say he is delighted to come and play for a massive club and hopes there is a chance for something more permanent in the future.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Millwall have to play Watford,Derby,Midd'boro & Norwich

our game up there on the 17th March could be a big one

I've read this a few times and checked the fixtures (as I assumed U meant their next 4 games were these) and fail to see your point?! We have many teams to play just as good as the 4 you mentioned no?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Millwall have to play Watford,Derby,Midd'boro & Norwich

our game up there on the 17th March could be a big one

In fact we have those very 4 teams to play too! And Derby and Bmouth...! Am I missing the point?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

This shows I did read the link but wouldnt expect Thunder Bolt to post anything q that is not 150% pro club in fact reading his posts I often wonder if he is actally the club press officer incognito.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Tough to recover from a racist manager being employed by a racist chairman, who uses racist language to prove he's not racist, and who promises to resign if he's convicted, and then does no such thing.

And people think we have it bad because our Chairman is a decent bloke who spends a bloody fortune backing the club we love and who stays pretty silent where the running of the club is concerned, on-field.

TBBAWA.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Charlton, that's the start to my weekend I was looking for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep. Interesting too that their win lifted them from 18 to 12th. It really is very tight just a few points above us.

With Charltons form before theist 2 games, I was thinking they were the ones to catch to put another team between us and the drop zone - 2 games later and they're sitting mid table! Crazy!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This shows I did read the link but wouldnt expect Thunder Bolt to post anything q that is not 150% pro club in fact reading his posts I often wonder if he is actally the club press officer incognito.

Which goes to show that you don't read things properly. My views on Paul Barber would show you that.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
I just need to get this out of my system, sorry.

GRAMMAR! For crying out loud... GRAMMAR!

Some of you must talk like idiots if you talk the way you write.

And rest.

Talk tends to be used informally. Do you want to talk? When referring to language we tend to use the formal, 'speak'.

:)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I've read this a few times and checked the fixtures (as I assumed U meant their next 4 games were these) and fail to see your point?! We have many teams to play just as good as the 4 you mentioned no?!

my point was,bearing in mind Millwall have 4 very tough games out of their last 15,they are unlikely to catch any other team in the division except Brighton

meaning our game against Millwall becomes a 6 pointer

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bearing in mind Rotherham play Millwall,Cardiff,Wigan,Brighton & Reading all at home,which should rule them out

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
my point was,bearing in mind Millwall have 4 very tough games out of their last 15,they are unlikely to catch any other team in the division except Brighton

meaning our game against Millwall becomes a 6 pointer

Got ya but waaaaaay too many games to start thinking like that imo. Plus we all know what form does in the champs and a few wins here and Millwall can beat any of those teams - on the plus side so can we. Towards the end of the season there's often a lot of teams near the bottom beating ones at the top!

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Got ya but waaaaaay too many games to start thinking like that imo. Plus we all know what form does in the champs and a few wins here and Millwall can beat any of those teams - on the plus side so can we. Towards the end of the season there's often a lot of teams near the bottom beating ones at the top!

it is too early,but I don't see the bottom 5 changing between now and the end of the season

and your right anyone can beat anyone,Rotherham beating Ipswich & drawing with Derby just recently

Millwall have only won 7 out of 31,Brighton only 6,I don't think either sides are going to start winning regularly anytime soon,so I still think the game up there,for us anyway is a must not lose

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]'s week on NSC in pictures

frustration.jpg

I-want-to-bang-my-head-against-the-wall.jpg

give%2Bup%2Bcat.jpg

You know it makes sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks Charlton, that's the start to my weekend I was looking for.

Ernest I was intrigued by your thumbs down, do you actually support the Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here