Wigan give Liverpool

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
IF Martinez goes to Liverpool, I am sure Gus would be close to the top of Wigans wish list (I also believe taht he would go).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I doubt whether Gus would go to Wigan on the basis no manager can take them any further than Martinez has, and the only way is down.

If Martinez gets a bigger job he'll probably sign a couple of Wigan's best players, leaving them exposed to the drop.

Villa is the big job - it shouldn't be too difficult to improve on what McLeish has done, they were unlucky with injuries and they should return to mid-table comfort next season at least, if not better. I see Solskjaer is coming in towards evens which surprises me - if I was chairman I'd fancy Martinez, Lambert or Brendan Rogers.

Swansea, Norwich and West Brom are all well-equipped to stay in the Prem next season. In some ways it would be good if Villa appointed Solskjaer as it would potentially slow down the merry-go-round. Mr. Benitez is still floating around too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Here they come. The next 'tranche' of jobs created by the bigger clubs.

Wigan, maybe Norwich, Swansea, as well as West Brom. They are the ones we really need to worry about. Aston Villa at a stretch.

I don't think we need to worry about Poyet going to any of those clubs. Apart from Aston Vanilla none of them are 'bigger clubs' than Brighton in my world. You could call them 'bigger' because they are temporarily in the Premiership, but that's about it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I don't think we need to worry about Poyet going to any of those clubs. Apart from Aston Vanilla none of them are 'bigger clubs' than Brighton in my world. You could call them 'bigger' because they are temporarily in the Premiership, but that's about it.

Don't be silly, West Brom and Norwich are definitely bigger clubs than us.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

And if you get a team playing well in the premiership you get noticed and improve your CV for the next step (a top 10 team)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Perhaps that's exactly why they want a bigger name?

Perhaps indeed! but when you fall behind the big boys then the top managers will be less interested. The Koppites need a reality check, They were once a top Euro club....but not at the moment

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't be silly, West Brom and Norwich are definitely bigger clubs than us.

Not in my world they're not. Put them back in the Championship and there isn't an awful lot in it. Now that we're finally back on a level playing field watch us soar.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

We probably have greater potential but right now we are not bigger than any of those teams..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports