Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Knockaert soo cheap?

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Am i right in thinking the bloke that owns Charlton also owns Standard Leige and as he seems to be screwing Charlton over (according to a CAFC friend of mine ) he must sell all his players cheap

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Somewhat annoyingly a colleague couldn't wait to tell me of a less palatable but 'well documented' reason for his availability.
I called BS, so obviously won't repeat it here.

If anyone else alludes to the same I will mention something then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does anyone actually know what he cost? Wasn't it quoted as 2-2.5 million but there was a reliable article in Belgium or France saying it was actually much lower? I can't remember the exact details..

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Simple really, it's to confuse those fans that think transfer fee = ability (ie, a high fee = a very good player, a low fee = substandard) and write off players as bargain basement, etc before they have even kick a ball in anger for the club (we have rather a lot of fans like this who use low transfer fees as a stick to beat the club with)
Though god forbid if just under £2m is seen as bargain basement for a Championship side nowadays!

I'm just amazed we didn't have more competition for his signature - the club seemed to get the deal over the line with absolute minimal fuss, with no reports of anyone else being in for him.

Does anyone actually know what he cost? Wasn't it quoted as 2-2.5 million but there was a reliable article in Belgium or France saying it was actually much lower? I can't remember the exact details..
As above, Naylor seemed to confirm it was "considerably less" than the £2.6m reported in the Belgium press. Who knows how much that is.. but I'm saying under £2m, 'cos it sounds better!

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
2.45m according to Sky last night

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If Knockhaert isn't Premiership quality then what the hell is ???
He is far far better player than many i've seen in the Prem.
This is the kind of quality player we should be signing every time we sign someone now.
Premier League ready and proven way beyond this division.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Somewhat annoyingly a colleague couldn't wait to tell me of a less palatable but 'well documented' reason for his availability.
I called BS, so obviously won't repeat it here.

If anyone else alludes to the same I will mention something then.
:ohmy:

Attachments

• dog night.jpe
    dog night.jpe
    11.1 KB · Views: 857

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Knockaert was good yesterday but honestly think Murphy had a better overall game. He was constantly weaving in and out of their full backs causing trouble. His goal was well deserved aswell

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knockaert was good yesterday but honestly think Murphy had a better overall game. He was constantly weaving in and out of their full backs causing trouble. His goal was well deserved aswell
That is a bit like choosing between chicken madras and crispy shredded beef.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last season Vardy went 20 games without a goal. Could easily have been shipped off to the likes of Sheffield Wednesday for 1-2 million. Now look at him.

Picking up Knocky the way we have is an extremely good bit of fortune, on the back of what looks like an evolving nous in the recruitment department. Happy, happy :)

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im just worried a big prem will offer quite big money in the summer if we do t make it this season. Hes just coming into his prime

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is he our 2nd most expensive signing ever, or have I forgotten some?

So he's our most expensive midfielder ever, and we think he's been sold to us too cheaply. I like it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last season Vardy went 20 games without a goal. Could easily have been shipped off to the likes of Sheffield Wednesday for 1-2 million. Now look at him.

Picking up Knocky the way we have is an extremely good bit of fortune, on the back of what looks like an evolving nous in the recruitment department. Happy, happy :)

I read that Vardy very nearly went for £5 million to Wednesday.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...sheffield-wednesday-for-just-5m-a6852796.html

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Had to smile. Some Derby fans have questioned how we picked him up for that money.

"Just the sort of player we should be buying" they said. What's up with Derby and Boro wanting to hoover up every player available.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
An incredible bit of business and scouting by the Albion. He has added another dimension to our play and as a fan I am really enjoying watching someone who clearly has so much enthusiasm towards the game it's like watching an excited kid up the park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here