Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the Murray penalty should have been retaken

ozspike

Sep 5, 2003
Perth Australia
Why the Murray penalty should have been retaken.
Can you spot the 2 reasons.
picture.php

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
players in the box and keeper off the line. Happens every penalty

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There is hardly any encroachment here and the keeper is barely off the line. If you looked at 100 penalties, this would come in at about number 99 in the hit parade of penalties that should be retaken.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good save from the keeper.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There is hardly any encroachment here and the keeper is barely off the line. If you looked at 100 penalties, this would come in at about number 99 in the hit parade of penalties that should be retaken.

If you looked at 10,000 it would be 9999th. We've got no argument with this one at all.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
It's a JPT game. Get over it.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
He still wouldn't have let Sparrow take it, The player who was supposed to be taking it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's pretty marginal but true it is a break of the rules. However the most bizarre thing was that their bloke wasn't sent off - he was last man and prevented goal scoring opportunity plus the worst thing is he was already on a yellow so at least a second yellow should have been given.

True though that it doesn't matter a great deal as we just couldn't put the ball in the net - plus it was only the JPT...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not that I'm bothered or anything but whats Murrays conversion rate like? Has he missed many from the spot before?

I seem to recall Gustavo saying we had practised penalities quite a lot in pre season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
dont care about the game just a note on the standards of the officials

If that's your biggest criticism on the standards of the officials last night, then they clearly had a ruddy good game.

That was a very marginal decision at best, and I have no argument with that not being re-taken.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
There's nothing wrong with that pen at all tbh. If you want that retaken, then every single penalty would take forever to actually be to the letter of the law. Cue the ref who booked about ten players for enroachment into the box and the penalty having to be retaken numerous times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here