Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why so long for the club statement?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think most media have reported Potter won't be signing contracts until tonight. So announcement after that?

Or he has changed his mind and told them where to go. I think we know which it is.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Nothing statement wise will be coming until all the i’s are dotted and t’s crossed.

Hold on…

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The first thing we will see is Potter holding a Chelsea shirt up, then our statement will follow.

Frustrating that the whole process of this is dictated by Chelsea's timescales.

Jul 7, 2003
As with any job, there are probably formal processes that have to be sorted from a legal perspective.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No statement because we're a professionally run outfit.

We'll make a statement when there's something to state.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Surely we all learnt from the Cucu deal. Ignore the noise - the club will announce when they're ready.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think most media have reported Potter won't be signing contracts until tonight. So announcement after that?

Or he has changed his mind and told them where to go. I think we know which it is.

He's just arrived at Cobham with McAuley so presumably it won't be long now. Of course, after the signing they'll want to do photos/interview etc before the announcement.

Will we wait for Chelsea before releasing a statement though? Does it even matter.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
we will be planning to take the sting out of the situation. Get through saturday with a caretaker and then, because the palace game is off, we have the whole of september to let the dust settle, take a deep breath and get the right person in for the next step of the journey.

if chelsea want to jizz themselves in front of the press, let them

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Some wise comments. I guess my post is really a expression of wanting the pain over with so we can move on.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
[tweet]1567873844429332480[/tweet]

It was reported that GP's release clause was 16m plus 1m per backroom staff.

uh oh.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
They're hoping no-one's noticed. At the next game, people will just think that Potter's shaved his beard off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here